Monday, November 14, 2005

Late Weekend Report

I had a fun weekend with the boys up in the mountains.

We stayed in a cabin that my company owns. I was hoping for some better weather, but the wind didn't want to cooperate. The sun shined brightly the whole weekend, but the wind and cold air prevented us from getting any hiking in. I was looking forward to finding a rock formation called Booby Rocks.

We got out a bit, but for the most part we hung out in the cabin, played Yatzee, Parchesi, Blackjack (I think Erik, my 8 year old, is going to be a card shark). I took my laptop along for the sole purpose of watching some DVDs. They picked out about 8 movies even though I told then that 3 or 4 was the most we'd have time for.

Since there are so many comic book readers out there I am curious. What did everyone think of Batman Begins? I loved it myself, but then again I don't follow any comics anymore, and was never into Batman comics. The story didn't follow Tim Burton's treatment, which I am glad. I was not liking the villians in the earlier pieces, although a friend of mine and I picked Jim Carey to be The Riddler way before the though of the third movie came along. Too bad the writing on that one was for shit.

I was hoping to get together with Ailyn on Sunday night, but his plans didn't quite work out. Maybe some other time bud. My brother just moved to CT this past summer. I may be coming out there for a visit before too long. It would have been cool to meet up with a blogger friend.

I think I'll hit the sack early tonight. I need the extra Zs

2 comments:

Deb said...

Hey, that's great you got to spend some time at the cabin. Sometimes, even though it's not the best weather, there's still so much you can do indoors. Sounds like you did with all those games. The best game to play with a few people is that Guestures game---you have to act out whatever the card says. My friends always whip that out at my parties... and I always end up looking like a huge jackass!

Jon said...

Guestures is fun. We play that once in a while at my mom's house. That and Cranium.

My 8 year old isn't in tune enough to understand what most of the cards mean so it's not the best for when it's just the 3 of us.
I tend to make myself look like a huge jackass too. We would be good as a team.