Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Looks like Erik is sick again. He had Strep a couple weeks ago. Now it sounds like he might have the Flu. I'll be taking care of him (although not my week) tomorrow and working from home. I hope the new boss is OK with that. It looks as though I wouldn't be driving up tomorrow anyway.
When I left for work this morning the sun was out and it felt relatively warm out. I didn't bother checking the weather report... oops! By the time I got to work an hour and 15 minutes later it was snowing. It continued snowing all day, sometimes hard. Luckily the ground was warm enough that it was melting as soo as it hit the streets. I figured I had to get out of work a little early before the temp dropped enough to freeze the wet stuff to the streets, but then the problems always hit when I'm trying to leave.
I finally got out of there around 3:10. I tried going south via the interstate, but the overhead signs were reporting a multi-car accident about 20 miles south. I got off the highway and hit a small state highway that winds it's way down to Colorado Springs. I made it home much faster than if I would have stayed on the "I". I pulled into the garage 2 hours and 25 minutes later. UGH!
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
The last couple weeks have been kind of the same old shit, until yesterday (Monday). Late last week Bob, my boss, invited me and Tim, the DBA manager, to a meeting first thing for Monday morning to discuss organizational changes. We both got a bit paranoid, but we knew there was no way they were getting rid of us. We're the ones trying to fix the problems that they've gotten themselves into.
We speculated that Bob was going to split off another department that I had been suggesting to him for doing software deployment (blah blah blah). Well what really happened was that Bob has moved my department (SCM) and the DBA department under a different director. His name is Dave. This is not a bad move, it's just not expected. There are some good things about this, like we'll have more of Dave's ear than Bob could ever give us. I am not saying Bob was a bad manager, it's just that his department is huge, and we were not the highest priority.
I was in a meeting with Dave just last week where we discussed some of the issues we've been plagued with concerning a bunch of tools that we are implementing. One of the things that will need to be done is a test to get some numbers from other development sites around the country. Since our link between Denver and Des Moines is not up yet we decided that a test needs to be run from our Oakland office to Denver.
I was going to send one of my guys to run these tests, but then another issue with a project we have going in San Francisco came up which needs my attention. We figured I could go out and tackle 2 birds with one stone.
This also gives me a chance to finally meet a couple good blogger friends out there. Chrissie and Terry, you better be ready. I hope to know tomorrow when I will be coming out.
I have been working on a tool customization for months now that I finally got a chance to show off to a small group of people last week. It was received very well. I made a few changes due to comments from the group. On Friday of this week I am showing it to the managers. I am more than a bit nervous about it. It has taken far too long to get this in place. Our VP of engineering expressed her "unhappines" about this taking so long. I informed her back in December that we couldn't go live until we bought a lot more software licenses anyway. In one ear and out the other.
The kids have been sick for a couple weeks now. Strep, then the Flu. Luckily I have yet to be infected (knock on wood). We wanted to go skiing two weekends ago but Kevin's Flu was still keeping him down. This weekend Kevin has a music competition on Saturday and then baseball try-outs on Sunday. I need to ski!!!
This week Kevin had to choose his classes for next year. He is getting really excited about starting high school. It'll wear off, but I am excited for him as well. He is sticking with playing the trumpet. I decided to stop renting a trumpet and just buy him a nice one. Hopefully this one will hold up better. I bought a really nice one. He is also doing really well with his provate drum lessons. I sat in on a few of his lessons recently. I am very impressed.
Kevin has really impressed me this school year with keeping his grades up. I was thrilled that his semester grades for the first semester were all As and Bs. What I was really surprised at was that his grades for second semester are even better so far. I've always know he was smarter than he was showing in his grades. I'm just glad he is now getting his shit together before starting high school.
Erik is still doing well, but struggling with his writing. I am trying to work with him on this, but I have never been much of a writer either. I guess I'm still good enough to help a 3rd grader though.
Erik tries out for Little League a week after Kevin. They are both very excited about this season. Both of them have done a fair job of keeping active over the winter. If Erik keeps growing as fast as he is he'll be thinning out pretty good this summer.
To keep with my ongoing geek-fest of a life I bought myself Windows Vista Ultimate, and Office Ultimate last week. I am holding off with updating my system. At least once a year I do a total purge of my system, but I did some checking and one of my games is not working yet on Vista. So I am waiting on new video drivers to be released before I take the leap.
Saturday, February 17, 2007
I suppose this is an occasion to celebrate.
I have been lazy when it comes to posting lately. Sometimes I am motivated and post multiple times in a week, but mostly you're lucky to hear from me twice a month.
The real world tends to get in the way a lot. I might feel bad about that, but I can't. I have had a really good year even though I went through a lay off.
Many of the friends I made at my short time at the last company will stay relatively close. We do our geeky gaming sessions which I enjoy so much. I have so many friends now, both in real life and in blog life. I appreciate all, but for some reason I tend to alienate everyone somehow. Mostly due to lack of attention.
I am have a "feeling sorry for myself" spell these days. I guess I am one of those people that will never be completely happy. Depression is setting in. I am thinking that it is due to work stress, but I know there are some other reasons too.
I am coming up on a year with MS. It's been a great year with her... but... (there's always a but) I just don't know where it's going. I am totally freaked out anytime someone says anything about us being serious or getting married. I have been trying to picture being with her for the rest of my life. I can't do it.
Is my depression making me so relationship-phobic?
I am running the risk of lossing some good female friends. I feel like I am pushing my luck with MS by keeping female friends in my life. You see MS has a jealous streak. I have been very honest with her about my friends. Yet I feel like I am doing something wrong when I spend time with them. MS has never said anything about it. It's just a feeling I get that says she doesn't approve.
Maybe some of this is from the intensive brainwashing I got when I was married.
What to do?
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Here is the list of the 2 different sets you could have ordered. Remember to get yours next year.
I MISS MY EX | PEAKED AT 17 | MAIL ORDER | TABLE FOR 1
I CRY ON Q | U C MY BLOG? | REJECT PILE | PILLOW HUGGIN
ASYLUM BOUND | DIGNITY FREE | PROG FAN | STATIC CLING
WE HAD PLANS | XANADU 2NITE | SETTLE 4LESS | NOT AGAIN
RUMORS TRUE | PRENUP OKAY? | HE CAN LISTEN | GAME ON TV
CALL A 900# | P.S. I LUV ME | DO MY DISHES | UWATCH CMT
PAROLE IS UP! | BE MY YOKO | U+ME=GRIEF | I WANT HALF
RETURN 2 PIT | NOT MY MOMMY | BE MY PRISON | C THAT DOOR?
Happy Friggin Valentines Day
Sunday, February 11, 2007
Actually, I love what the guys at Despair.com have done here. I bought them a few years back. They were a big hit.
|Your Candy Heart Says "Cutie Pie"|
You always seem to have a hot date, even though you never try to meet anyone.
A total charmer, you have a natural appeal that keeps you in high demand.
Your ideal Valentine's Day date: multiple dates with multiple people
Your flirting style: 100% natural
What turns you off: serious relationship talks
Why you're hot: you're totally addicting
Saturday, February 10, 2007
2. EVER HAD SEX IN A PUBLIC PLACE? Yes, and old folks in the theater 2 rows in front of us felt compelled to move
3. EVER LAUGH DURING SEX? IF SO WHY? Yes... some shit is just funny
4. EVER CRY DURING SEX? IF SO WHY? No... but I have screemed
5. DO YOU LIKE TO CUDDLE AFTER SEX? Yes, for a little while (just being honest)
6. EVER REGRET SEX WITH SOMEONE? Yes, especially break up sex
7. EVER FAKED AN ORGASM? Would you believe that I have
8. DIRTY TALK, OR SHUT THE FUCK UP? Yes, but don't go overboard
9. EVER HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX? Frequently, but only with someone I trust. It helps that I have been clipped.
10. EVER MASTURBATE TO YOUR FRIENDS SIGNIFICANT OTHER? Definitely
11. EVER HAVE A ONE NIGHT STAND? Yes
12. EVER HAVE A THREESOME? Yes
13. EVER WATCH PORN DURING SEX? A couple times, but I would rather just enjoy the moment.
14. EVER THOUGHT OF SOMEONE ELSE DURING SEX? Unfortunately I did this a lot when I was married
15. HAS THE CONDOM EVER BROKE? No. In my experience those fuckers are indestructable (not that I was trying to break one)
16. WHAT IS YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING SEXUAL EXPERIENCE? In college, getting caught in the changing room with a girl I was not seeing. There was also some pride there :D
17. HOW OLD WERE YOU WHEN YOU LOST YOUR VIRGINITY? 20
18. WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE SEX WITH RIGHT NOW? Someone from work. Her last day was yesterday. I am really going to miss her.
19. DO YOU THINK THAT NUMBER 18 IS POSSIBLE? No. I have a girlfriend, and I hear she has a boyfriend
20. ARE YOU HORNY NOW? A little
21. HOW MANY SEXUAL PARTNERS? 19 I think
22. DO YOU LIKE SEX IN THE CAR? Not so much in my car. It's kind of small (but I did have to break it in). Now my truck... YES.... and my quad :P
23. DO YOU STILL TALK TO THE PERSON YOU LOST VIRGINITY TO? No, she turned into a psycho nympho
24. EVER HAVE SEX WITH A RELATIVE/FRIENDS SIGNIFICANT OTHER? Never
25. EVER BEEN WITH A CHEATER? I am divorced
26. TOYS, GOOD OR BAD? All good
27. LINGERIE? Can be fun.
28. EVER SLEEP WITH A CO-WORKER? Yes, a couple
WHERE HAVE YOU HAD SEX-
( )parent’s bed
(x)dining room/kitchen table
(x)woods (open and/or in a tent)
(x)hood of a car
(x)the other person’s bed
( )in a house with parents home
(x)at a party
(x)on top of the washer/dryer
( )with other people in the room
(x)hotel ...THE BEST
( )grandparent’s house
Am I a slut?
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
You can play too. http://tmituesday.blogspot.com/
1. Have you ever had sex in a friend's house/apartment/car/whatever... but not with that friend? Does your friend know?
Yes, in their hot tub (no, I didn't leave the floaties). I am not sure if they knew, but they suspected
2. Have you ever sat at your computer naked?
3. If you are sure you WOULD get caught, is there anyone (known personally, celebrity, fictional character) you'd cheat with?
Yes, Diane Lane.
4. Have you ever photocopied a body part?
Yes, my face squished on the glass. My first non-fastfood job was running copiers at TRW. My job title: Reproduction Specialist. I was very proud.
5. Just how rigid are your standards: Is there anyone out there (say, a celebrity), that you'd do, just to say you scored? (We aren't talking a dreamy celebrity i.e. Brad Pitt or Jennifer Aniston; we are talking Mick Jagger, Dick Chenney, or the Queen of England.)
No... I would have to be truely attracted to the woman
6. Have you ever contacted a “lost love” years later?
Yes, but they weren't "lost". Recently this happened by accident.
7. What was the worst thing your parents ever caught you doing? Did you ever do either of those things again?
Egging a house... yes, I did it again
8. What is the shortest period of time you've ever gone between sex with two different sexual partners in separate sessions (that means threesomes don't count unless they are separate threesomes)?
18 hours give or take
9. Besides the usual (lingerie, sexy shoes, etc.), what's the sexiest thing your SO can wear?
A low-cut dress or sweater
10. Have you ever masterbated with a house hold object (other than a sex toy)? If so what?
My hand is all I need. It's my best friend.
Bonus (as in optional): For you girls out there...what size boobs do you have? For you guys, how many inches are you packing?
UGH... ok maybe I shouldn't have done this post... regardless ~6.5"
JUST TWO THINGS...
Two Names You Go By
(there are a few more)
Two Things You Are Wearing Right Now
1. plaid pj bottoms (I don't sleep in them
2. Black boxer briefs
Two Things You Would Want (or have) in a Relationship
2. Great sex
Two of Your Favorite Things to do
1. Ride my quad
2. Go to movies
Two Things You Want Very Badly At The Moment
2. a lack of stress
Two pets you had/have
1. Boris, the coolest of poodles
2. Pepper, (English Setter) The best hunting dog ever
Two people who will fill this out
1. Your guess is as good as mine
Two things you did last night
1. Watched Heroes
2. Worked until midnight
Two things you ate today
1. Spicey Chicken Sandwich (Wendy's)
2. Orange Chicken (do I eat too much chicken?)
Two people you last talked to
If IM counts...
2. M from Arizona
Two Things You're doing tomorrow
2. Getting the oil changed in my car
Two longest car rides
1. This past Christmas... Des Moines, IA to Colorado Springs, CO to Lansing, MI
2. Phoenix to Colorado Springs multiple times while in college
Two Favorite Holidays
2. Halloween (I don't think it counts as an actual holiday, but what the hell)
Two favorite beverages
1. Diet Dr. Pepper
2. Diet Cherry Coke
Okay, you can wake up now
Sunday, February 04, 2007
OK, I know I posted about this way back when, but I am still geeking out about Heroes.
This show is even cooler than I expected. It is dark and serious at times and funny at others. It's looking like my ex-SIL may be killed next week. I hope not. Her character is kind of goofy, but I think very true to life. I think she loves that dog more than anyone should.
George Takei (yes, that is Sulu) has joined the cast as Hiro's dad. I heard that he was joining when he was on the Howard Stern Show a month or so ago.
I am hoping I don't get Strep. Erik came down with it last week while he was at the ex's. He was only amoxicillin (or whatever they have him on) for half a day before I picked them up. I get Strep at the drop of a hat.
I hope you all had a good weekend.