Sunday, August 27, 2006

Heroes

Terry posted about her idoling over David Cassidy today which reminded me about how I have forgotten all about my brother's former "stardom". He is no longer acting, but I think it is better for him. It just reminded me of times we would be out and he would be recognized in public. Very surreal.

What surprised me the other day was that I was at the movies with my kids, seeing something I would rather forget (Zoom), when during the commercials prior to the movie I see my ex-sister-in-law pop up on the screen. It brought chills down my spine. She is in a new TV series starting this fall called Heroes.

Her name is Ashley Crow. She is a really nice person despite the problems that she and my brother had. They were married for a couple years and split on good terms (at least as far as I know). I love my brother's current wife, but I do miss Ashley. She was always so nice to just hang out with.

You only see her for a few seconds in this promo, at the 2:10 mark. She plays the mother of one of the major characters. The show looks pretty cool. I encourage you all to watch when it airs.

6 comments:

Grace said...

Wow, that show looks really interesting. I hope it'll air here in Canada. Oh, and I didn't know your brother acted. What's his name? What was he in? How come he's stopped acting?

Jon said...

It should air in Canada. NBC is pushing it REALLY hard as one of their big new shows.

Maybe I should post a picture of Billy and see if anyone recognizes him from their favorite soap. He hasn't acted in over 10 years, 15 since he was on regularly.

Anonymous said...

That show certainly looks spiffy. And miss Ashley looks pleasant.

I'll have to keep my eyes open for it!

Roxi said...

I did jegar bombs with bud bundy.. thats all I got

Roxi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mel said...

Show looks good Jon -
Thanks for sharing.