Sunday, August 13, 2006

The good and the bad

The good:
New job is going well. Very stressful do to the previous idiot that I replaced not knowing what he was doing. It's been a rough week. Please forgive me, but I am not able to post more just yet due to the bad.

The bad:
My Aunt Sue passed away on Monday, so between working my ass off and taking care of the kids I have been getting my house ready for my sister coming for the funeral. My mom can't make it. They all (including my sister) were driving back from Maine when the news of my aunt came.

Mom was exhausted by the time they got back to Michigan, so she decided it wouldn't be possible to get her on a flight out. Her oxygen needs and such really make plane travel difficult.

Patti arrived yesterday evening. We're heading up to Wheatridge (sub. of Denver) for the wake/viewing/visitation (whatever you want to call it) in a couple hours. I am having to pass on the actual funeral tomorrow. I don't do well with funerals, especially having mass for it.

Aunt Sue has been deteriorating for a few years now. She used to be a very heavy lady. For a woman barely 5 feet tall I knew that her weight was going to be the cause of her eventual death. I was very wrong. A couple years ago she completely lost her appitite. She only ate when people told her to. When I saw her last year before she moved to Denver she was tiny.

She lived a good, long and bizarre life. She was the oldest of my mom's 7 siblings. I loved hearing the stories of their childhood in Maine. There was usually an arguement going on because Sue remembered things differently than the rest of the family. My mom's side of the family was quite crazy at times. At least they seemed that way to me.

Well, I better get myself cleaned up.

Is it ok to go to a wake in just Dockers and a nice shirt, or is a suit required? I am sure Mike will not wear a suit. I usually dress down a bit just so he doesn't feel too out of place. I totally understand not wanting to wear a suit or even a tie.

Poof* ...I'm gone

13 comments:

terry said...

oh, jon, i'm so sorry for your loss. you and your family have sure been through a lot over the past few years.

i say, wear whatever you want. your aunt wouldn't have cared.

good luck at work...

GAB said...

Oh Jon Im so sorry to hear about your aunt. Yes you can wear what ever you want. Suits are usually more for the funeral.Our family is one mixed up puppy to. But I wont go into that. Glad work is going so well.

CozyMama said...

sorry to hear that Jon and of course dockers and a nice shirt are fine for a wake. there are more important things to worry about then what to wear. hope you are doing better now, talk soon.

Stacy said...

So sorry to hear about that.

Remember, it's Colorado; you could get away with jeans and a tucked in t-shirt.

erika said...

Sorry about you loss.

Dockers are fine. As long as your there is whats important.

tm said...

I am sorry for your loss. That with the stress of a new job must seem like a lot to handle.

Suze said...

Jon, my condolences to you on your loss. You being there is all that counts not what you wear.

I hope work gets easier, nothing worse than picking up the pieces from an inept person.

Anonymous said...

Keep your head up, sir.

Roxi said...

I love you

The Volpinator said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. You are in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt.

Very glad to hear your new job is going well.


Hang in there!

Jon said...

THANK YOU ALL!!!

WOW! I feel bad for not being around much this week.

A real post in the works

Thanks for all the love. I really do appreciate it.

Chrissie, I am sorry I haven't called. It's been a tough week to just sit and talk on the phone. Remember back when I said I don't like talking on the phone. I am in one of those moods. I will break my silence for you shortly XOXOX

AVA said...

I'm so sorry Jon. Your aunt, and your family will be in my prayers tonight. A send you a big warm hug.