Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Trip Approved

I'll be heading to the bay Area the week of March 12th. Not sure of my schedule while I am there, but it'll be nice to get away from here. It will be especially nice to see some friends.

Looks like Erik is sick again. He had Strep a couple weeks ago. Now it sounds like he might have the Flu. I'll be taking care of him (although not my week) tomorrow and working from home. I hope the new boss is OK with that. It looks as though I wouldn't be driving up tomorrow anyway.

When I left for work this morning the sun was out and it felt relatively warm out. I didn't bother checking the weather report... oops! By the time I got to work an hour and 15 minutes later it was snowing. It continued snowing all day, sometimes hard. Luckily the ground was warm enough that it was melting as soo as it hit the streets. I figured I had to get out of work a little early before the temp dropped enough to freeze the wet stuff to the streets, but then the problems always hit when I'm trying to leave.

I finally got out of there around 3:10. I tried going south via the interstate, but the overhead signs were reporting a multi-car accident about 20 miles south. I got off the highway and hit a small state highway that winds it's way down to Colorado Springs. I made it home much faster than if I would have stayed on the "I". I pulled into the garage 2 hours and 25 minutes later. UGH!

11 comments:

CozyMama said...

1st ;)

CozyMama said...

glad your trip is approved, you need a good trip away even if it is work related. bummer your boy is sick, strep is the worst, i used to get it at least once a year if not twice before I moved to the west coast.

jillie said...

I LOVE the bay area! Be sure to dress warm because it is cold! If you like Irish coffee, you'll have to (IF you have time) go to The Buena Vista. Oh you'll think you've died and gone to heaven. They are the bomb and located just to the left of the
Powell-Hyde Cable Car's last stop in Fisherman's Wharf.

Hope your boy feels better soon!

terry said...

i'm guessing jillie visited my fine city in the summertime, when it's coldest... relative to everywhere else...

and the irish coffee IS good there, but the place is too damned crowded. hard to get a seat. but if you insist...

Jon said...

Jodes - I do need to get away. It is a bummer that I will be too far north, but how many Cali women do you think I can take in one trip.

Jillie - Thanks for the pointer. I am not a coffee drinker. I do drink a good chai latte now and then.

Terry - I don't insist. It's been 12 years since I've been there. I'll go where ever you drag me.

sxuly yrs said...

Ah, hope Erik feels better soon..and since you will be in the bay area..perhaps you will need to be in Iowa the end of March??

xoxo!
andi

CozyMama said...

you are so right, better just to have a couple of us at a time....HAR HAR HAR..........

jillie said...

Yes Terry unfortunately is was in the summer time. But the last time I was there was Aug almost 2 years ago and it was BEAUTIFUL and she is SO right...it is crowded but if you get there early...like 8:00 a.m. I am sure you'll beat the crowds...LMAO.

terry said...

jillie, i like the way you think about early coffee...!

it IS coffee, after all...

jon, you like the way we've hijacked your comments section?

Jon said...

See how you all are. Totally taking over and I haven't even met any of you... yet.

I wouldn't have it any other way

Anonymous said...

:oP Hows Eric doin now? Better?