Friday, November 04, 2005

Gruelling Week

It's already been a week since I have posted anything of any substance (insert joke here).

Last weekend was very busy with R. We took my kids and one of her kids to dinner and to a "Fun Center" for an evening of driving go-carts, spin and puke rides, and haunted houses. Her youngest was spending the night at a friends house. We was a lot of fun.

R was so scared that she would just freeze up, which of course makes the people doing the scaring pay that much more attention to her. I had to hold her and drag her along. It was so cute and funny.

It was very late when we got back to my house. She has been adjusting from a night schedule to a day schedule. I asked if she wanted to crash at my place. I offered that she could sleep in my bed and I would sleep in Erik's. The boys always crash down in the family room when a friend is over. She turned me down. I guess she thought I had ulterior motives, which I didn't.

I was a bit worried about her driving the hour+ it takes for her to get home. I called her on her way home. When I am tired talking is one way for me to stay awake. She laughed and said I was being silly, especially since she was just barely out of town.

The next morning Kevin woke up and raked leaves. He actually woke me up when he went out the garage door. I didn't even have to remind him to do it. Geez, is he feeling okay?

A couple hours later R called to invite us down to her house for dinner, to carve pumpkins, and to rent some scary movies. We had to make a run to the store for a few things and rent movies. It was a great night, except for the movie that the boys chose.

I guess they aren't used to making fun of bad movies as they watch them. I think her son was wondering why I was giving them a hard time about their choice of movie. Erik was having some allergy problems, so we headed home around midnight. Her son wanted us to stay, but she didn't ask.

On Sunday R called and we talked a bit. She mentioned how she needed to come up this way to get her son. I didn't realize he was here. She asked if I knew any shops in town that sell those little pocket bikes. She said she wanted to get one for her oldest son, but wanted to check them out.

I did some checking around on the net, but I couldn't find a local dealer. Then I realized that motorcycle, car, boat, rv, etc dealers in Colorado are not open on Sundays (Don't ask me why, I can't figure that one out).

She was going to do some more yard work then head our way. She said she needed to be up here in time to get her son because the people he was with were going to a movie in the afternoon. I offered to go get him, unless it would be too strange. She said it would.

A little while later she called to ask me if I could get him. She wasn't going to get there in time. I had no problem with it, but in the back of my mind I was thinking "what if this is a ex-boyfriend of hers?". The boys and I went to get him. The house was in a brand new neighborhood. When I arrived a guy answered the door. He said hi, but that was it. I introduced myself and shook his hand. He didn't tell me his name. I knew right then that my instincts were right. I would have appreciated a warning at least.

I asked if he just moved in and told him I liked the place (no lawn yet, and hardly any furniture). He told me he'd been there for at least 6 months (WTF... get your ass in gear! No wonder you can't keep a girlfriend). So we left it at that, got her son ready and got out of there. He was obviously uncomfortable. I am not the jealous type, so I couldn't care less.

We went back to my house. R showed up about an hour later. I had not planned on them all being there, so I didn't have enough of any particular thing to feed the whole crew. I offered to take everyone out to dinner. For some reason that prompted a negative reaction.

To be continued...


You Are 20% Weird

Not enough to scare other people...
But sometimes you scare yourself.

4 comments:

Deb said...

Why would asking them out to dinner prompt a negative reaction? I think it was a very nice gesture to offer your bed and sleep in the other room. Very thoughtful.

Oh I got the same "how weird are you" response! :)

I'd like to think I'm much more weirder than 20%, don't you??

Jon said...

More info to come... I'm trying to keep my posts shorter, yet leave you hanging ;)

terry said...

I am 50% weird!

"Normal enough to know that you're weird...
But too damn weird to do anything about it!"

Somehow, I already knew that...

Jon said...

I would have figured both Deb and Chrissie to be wierder that Terry. I sure read you wrong Terry ;)