Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Where do I start?

Work has been unbelievably stressful recently. Now that I am now managing SCM in Des moines as well (please don't ask me to explain SCM again) the server that houses the projects there desides to start acting flakey. What does this mean? Now I have to get someone hired for the Des Moines office IMMEDIATELY! But until that happens we've been asked to meove their systems off of the flakey Linux box and put it on a Windows server that we just happened to have lying around.

Big issue... transfering this stuff from one server to another is relatively easy. Moving it from linux to Windows is not. We're not even sure some of the tools will work properly on Windows.

We had hoped to have the new hardware set up over the weekend and ready to move data over early this week. Well that didn't happen. Like I said, moving from Linux to Windows is not that easy. Not only that, but they are using different tools than we are so we have to learn their tools while trying to get them to work. Needless to say, the pressure is on.

I had a job posting to hire someone for the Des Moine job, and guess what?... Not a single person applied. We've now made the position for either Des Moines or Denver and we'll manage things remotely if need be. One of my guys knows the perfect person for the job. I have his resume through unofficial channels, but I cannot interview him until our HR recruiter gets off her pretty little ass (yes, it is quite pretty) and does some sort of bullshit screening interview.

Our system in Denver has developed a problem since we upgraded to a new version of our tool. We have been working with IBM's tech support to find a fix to the problem. Today we contacted IBM for additional support and they said that our maintenance aggreement has lapsed. I have been waiting for a new purchase of licenses to get approved for these tools, and wrapped up in this purchase is the renewal of the maintenance. WE ARE SO FUCKED!

4 comments:

erika said...

Just remember air in...air out. It will be ok. One thing at a time.

jillie said...

Yeah, like Erika said and after each passing breath...But remember to stop and smell the Jameson!

LOVE the avatar!

Anonymous said...

sounds icky...

hire me... I dont know anything but... I look good on the end of a desk *L*

Jon said...

Chrissie - I would if I thought I could get away with it.

Even more shit hit the fan today... I'M TIRED OF THAT SHITTY FAN!!!