Sunday, May 13, 2007

What I've been up to...

First of all...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
I have been dealing with baseball, baseball, and more baseball.

Then there is the endless work stress, but I'll bitch about that some other time.

The season has started and is looking like it's going to be an exciting one.

Kevin is mainly playing 3rd base, but has been put in as catcher on occasion. He loves playing catcher, but he has a great arm and great reflexes, so 3rd base is a good choice for him too. I wish I would have remembered to take my camera to one of the games a few weeks ago. They lost, but Kevin caught a screamer at 3rd that would have resulted in a double or triple. He stretched out and caught it perfectly.

He had a game earlier this week where for 2 innings straight every time the opposing team got a hit it went straight to Kevin. I had to leave before the end of the game because I had to get Erik to his. These guys are running me ragged (that's a mom saying).

Erik is playing 1st base almost exclusively. He seems to have a better glove and understands what it takes to be a good first baseman. The level he is at in Little League still has a lot of kids who have hardly or never played before. I was afraid his coach was going to be a problem due to not showing up for opening ceremonies and not scheduling a practice for weeks after other teams started practicing. I guess it just had to do with not being able to get time off from work. Now things are going well.

His season so far has been flawless except for on dropped throw to him a few games ago. He isn't hitting as well as he should. I don't know if it is just him changing things or his coach, but he has a very odd stance and bat position. We're working on it.

Kevin's progress report came the other day. As and Bs. I am very proud of him. I wish I got those kinds of grades when I was his age.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Theres no crying in baseball!

I sometimes wish I had gotten AJ into LL but... then I listen to K's stories of drama and Thank god he was never into it enough to ask to play... Lots less drama in music LOL so i'm happy hes pursued that instead!

GAB said...

what great boys you have. My grades have never been very good in school so when my grandson came up with straight A's I said it was because of his super smart grandpa.

Jon said...

I think if you have a good coach and a set of behaviour rules the drama is limited. The majority of the drama I see this year is from Erik's coach. He is really hard on his son. I feel bad for the kid. He needs to bring down the intensity when it comes to his kid.

Kevin has good grades. Erik is still trying to find his way. He had trouble reading a couple years ago. We got past that with some great tutoring. I'm just trying to keep him motivated.

Stacy said...

We had our last soccer game this evening; won it. #3's team did great this season. Had to go to Boulder though ::shudder:: I'll miss it, always do.

The Tool concert was awesome!!!! It's been more than a week and I'm still living in that moment.

Every time I'm in The Springs I'm always shocked by how small it still is; still feels quaint; not like Denver. It's always been a lovely town.

Anonymous said...

Hmm any reason why I cant comment on the post above??