Monday, May 28, 2007

Long Busy Weekend

It's not been too restful until today.

Saturday my girlfriend's daughter graduated from high school. Afterwards there was a party... at my girlfriend's ex-in-law's. Why did I say I would go?

Actually her ex has been nice to me the few times I have seen him. I don't know what he really thinks of me... but from reports I hear he is jealous. Why, I'm not sure. He was the one that left for another woman.

Anyway, I've met his parents on a couple occasions... both revolving around MS's daughter. I have been nice and got into conversations even though I was uncomfortable.

I went to the graduation without my kids. I felt it would just be boring for them. I picked them up afterward and took them to the party. The uncomfortableness continues.

When we arrived I did not see MS's car. I figured maybe she had to run to the store for something. We went in and I got to meet MS's cousin (I'll just refer to her as "the cousin") that lives nearby. She is very nice... and since she is on MS's side of the family I felt a bit more at ease.

They informed me that MS had to take her daughter to an after hours clinic because of a rash and hives that have been bugging her for a few days. That meant that I was going to be in unfriendly territory without backup for a lot longer than I thought. It would have been nice to have at least received a call warning me.

The remaining kids (there were 5 including mine) decided to watch a movie in the next room. I kind of wanted to join them, but figured I should stay in the room with the adults so i wouldn't be labeled anti-social.

We talked a lot about nothing... mostly talked about the housing market. The cousin is a broker. After a while the cousin had to take her kids and head home. She has a night job that she needed to get to. Great, abandon me.

When she did leave I found an opportunity to join the kids watching the movie, and I took it. I then had to deal with MS's son being the inconsiderate person that he is. Seeing as I was already uncomfortable at this house I didn't say anything. His father finally jumped in when he noticed the behaviour. Their son is ADHD, and I guess this attitude is related.

MS and daughter finally arrived. We had cake and got out of there not too long afterwards. I'm not sure if MS even knew how annoyed I was. I tend to hide it well.

Me and the boys joined my buddy Mike and his family up in the mountains. They went up Friday, but we joined them Sunday for a day of ATV and motorcycle riding. The weather cooperated. We all had a great time. I did not invite MS to join us. I think she would have, but I just couldn't take another day of bickering kids. Obviously MS and I need to have a talk about all of this. It's just hard to know when to do it. Sooner is better, but this week is going to be difficult.

Kevin has joined another baseball team. This one is loosely linked to the high school he'll be starting at this fall. Today was their first game. MS called to ask if they could come. After a slight hesitation on my part I said "sure".

As with every time our kids are together there was a conflict between Erik and her son. He had taken the baseball that Erik had and wouldn't give it back. It wasn't that Erik needed to have the ball. It was that he does shit like this just to get on people's nerves. Guess what... he was on mine. I asked him why he needed to do that. I got some sarcastic remark back. Then MS got annoyed at me for getting on his case.

Being single with kids is very difficult. Most of the women I have dated have had kids. Sometimes it's the kids that cause things to not work out. I see that happening again. She knows that her son annoys me, but I need to let her know how bad I see it getting. It's not fair to my kids to have to deal with this. My kids are not perfect angels, but they are respectful and pleasant to be around... most of the time.

8 comments:

sxuly yrs said...

Hi Sweetie...I am sorry to hear about this. Dealing with a kid with ADHD is never fun; especially if the parents do not have the skills to cope with it..(not sure how MS does with this).

You know I love you...and maybe this is just one sign that points to all of the other signs...??

Perhaps, it is time for change?? Email me..

xoxo!
andi

Anonymous said...

I sooooo hear ya on this subject! Its rough as hell... I have gone both ways.. either dated men who had kids or didn't but WERE kids *L*

If you wanna talk.. gimme a call *smooch* love ya

CozyMama said...

hey you - love the profile pic. ya know if it is gonna work then you have to like the kid too, nuff said.

erika said...

Wow! I am sorry but how can she not know your were annoyed. I phone call would of been nice.

Sounds like you guys had some fun at the mountains.

jillie said...

He's jealous because he knows you have something that he should have never let go in the first place. First admission of guilt for his mistake if you ask me!!!!

Meeting ex families is awkward no matter WHAT! Been there done that. What's really freaky is when you become friends. I did that with an ex boyfriends ex girlfriend. He wanted us to be jealous and his whole plan (whatever it was) back fired....LOL!!!!

BTW...I drank your share, my share and EVERYONE else's share of Jameson in Ireland. I did the tour and became an official whiskey taste tester. I am going to post it next week. I have a picture of me and my certificate...cheers!

jillie said...

OK Jon...just for YOU, I am giving you a heads up and to let you know that I've posted my Jameson post just this VERY moment...lol!

Grace said...

The mountain trip sounds like it was really fun. I hope things work out between you and MS' son... I can imagine that it must be tough handling his rough times while trying to stay on MS' good side. Hopefully she understands your point of view. I'd definitely talk to her about it. Best of luck with the situation!

Oh, and did you see my Senators tonight? They kicked some serious Anaheim ass! :D

Enigma said...

that boy needs counseling.