Sunday, March 19, 2006

How did you celebrate?

Being part Scottish and French, but mostly Irish you would think that I would have been partying with the best of them. Not the case. I "celebrated" the day by picking up my kids for the week, then taking them to dinner and to the books store.

Erik has gotten into "The Great Brain" series by John D. Fitzgerald. I read them when I was a kid. It was probably the only books I got into growing
up.

I have the memory of a stump, so there are only bits and pieces of the stories that I remember. They are all based upon the exploits of a young boy and his brothers in the late 1890s. The prevelent story from the first book that I could remember is how they were the first family in their area of town with a water closet (a toilet, if you didn't know the old term), and how they would have kids come by and pay them a penny to see it work.

This may have been the beginnings of where all the toilet humor my brother Mike and I came up with over the years.

Kevin is reading the "Series of Unfortunate Events" books. I think he is on book 9. He had lost interest in them after the first movie came out, but his need to read them has returned hard. He read through one I gave him just a couple weeks ago in a matter of a few days.

The rest of the evening was spent watching a movie (I don't remember which), then when the boys were in bed I watched some FireFly episodes, listening to the commentary track if the episode had it.

I am a party animal!!!

6 comments:

terry said...

hey, i was nodding off to sleep on my couch by about 8 o'clock on st pat's...!

it's amateur night, anyway. too many drunken morons jamming the bars. not fun.

Jon said...

OK, now I don't feel so bad

echotig said...

I'm more of an Oktoberfest kinda partier...

bigwhitehat said...

Just in case you need to know, Menudo is the ultimate hangover treatment.

Jon said...

Echo - Oktoberfest is always fun, until some bonehead wants to do the chicken dance. What the hell?

Whicky - Didn't I leave them on your nightstand? ;) MAN I WISH THAT WERE TRUE

BWH - That is one piece of trivia that make me want to hurl.

Deb said...

See? The good thing about being Irish, is that you can celebrate any time of the year...! Hell---I'm Italian and I celebrate ANYTHING! My alarm clock goes off---I celebrate St Patty's Day! The five o'clock bell rings--I celebrate St. Patty's Day!

It's gotta be 5 o'clock somewhere, right? ;)