Thursday, September 08, 2005

Viva!!!!

Well, I'm anxiously waiting to leave tomorrow for Vegas. The stress of work has really gotten to me lately. Maybe it is mostly due to the impending doom for our project (move to Scotland). It seems like little things have been irritating me more than they normally would.

The kids have been great. I haven't had any problems with them all week. Chantel was a good influence on them in that she really tried to keep them from fighting, even if it was play fighting (which would inevitibly end up as a real fight). I haven't told them much about what is going on with work. I don't want to worry. I'm not worried about it, I just don't like to keep starting over at new places over and over.

Than being said, I don't want to go 3 months without work again, so when the lay-off does happen I am going to take the first good contract position even if out of state. It won't be a permanent plan. I will also be looking for work here in town. Commuting to Denver is looking less appealing considering the price of gas. YIKES!

I heard on the radio that gas prices should start to drop in the near future. I sure as hell hope so. I had a quarter tank left in my truck (I seldom drive the truck). It cost me $56 to fill the damn thing, and it doesn't have the big tank. I don't think I'll be making any road trips this year.

2 comments:

echotig said...

If the salary was good enough you could fly back to see the kids. Or would that screw things up with the Ex? That always seems to be a delicate balance.

We used to drive hundreds of miles every other weekend to get BWH's daughter. Sometimes you gotta do whats financially best or career best for a little while.

Jon said...

She would be annoyed, but of course would love to screw me for more child support. With her it's not about what is best for the kids, it is what is in it for her. This is probably the main reason I didn't reconcile with her years ago.