Saturday, April 14, 2007

What's with this weather?

I worked from home today because of all the blizzard warnings that started on Thursday. It started snowing Thursday afternoon and we were supposed to get 6 inches Thursday night, and another 6+ on Friday.

We got the first 6 and I stayed home in anticipation of more coming, but it never came. The kids schools closed for the day, and the roads were mostly clear. I think Chicken Little is working at the Weather Channel.

My niece, Katie, just turned 20 last week. So to commemorate her first 20 years she posted 200 pictures of friends and family for all to see. She warned us that most of them were embarrassing. I figured I was safe. I didn't think she was around for most of my goofy pictures. Well I was wrong.. She scanned in pictures that my sister had taken years before. Some of them were just hilarious. I was in tears.

Like this one at my high school graduation


But she did get one herself that is pretty funny


Then there was just this past Christmas. How do I always forget this stuff?


Some of the pictures were really good. I cropped this one just to show me. This was in July of 2000. Me in a suit... a rare sight. That's my ex that I cut in half. No not literally.

Then there was my kids. I have to show you them. They're about 7 years older now.

I love going through old pictures once in a while.

9 comments:

terry said...

how is it that your high school graduation picture looks like it was taken in the 70's... when i graduated in '82 and i'm older than you are??

these are priceless...!

echotig said...

Its the Global Warming, Stoopid. LOL

You're adorable, Jon. Really!

CozyMama said...

nice mug in that bottom pic - you are very handsome. cute kids too. i got some new pics posted too.

Jon said...

Terry - It was sccanned in from a 25 year old picture. I graduated in '82 as well. You are older than me... just barely :P (I am such a shit)

Echo - I have no doubts about the warming :D... You're adorabler

Jodes - I'm coming to check you out!

jillie said...

I love going through old pics. You have selective memory that why you don't remember them.

I graduated in '79 and I had to try and find some of my old pics from then....EWWWWW!!! LOL.

You know with that Santa hat on, I can DEFINITELY tell that you weren't a good little boy that year.

grits said...

thanks for the comment Jon. glad things are going well for you too.

CozyMama said...

hey jon boy - what
s up?

Erin O'Brien said...

I come here and get old pix and six inches to boot. Nice.

Anonymous said...

Ooo seeexy sneerin santa!

lol I love these! You are such a babe! *smooches*