Sunday, April 16, 2006

When you think things couldn't get any worse...

I got a call Sunday night from my favorite manager from work. He called to inform me of a water main break at work which flooded our cubicle area and some adjacent clean rooms.

We are to report to work late and congregate in a different area to get briefed on what we're going to do. They are obviously need to move to new cubicles, but I guess the area is still sloppy wet. We need to get in there to collect all of our personal items and recover any equipment that might still be useful. I know of one computer of mine and a small network switch that are probably gone.

What does this do to our already screwed schedule and my June lay off? Management is going to be freaking out even more than they are already. Let the fun begin.

6 comments:

barman said...

If the computer was not on possibly once it dries out it will be OK. If the switch had a power supply that is probably going to be ugly. Why do I get the feeling you are going to work like 16 hours and then be given 8 hours off before needing to show up to work again. It is going to get UGLY.

grits said...

um, oh dear, I'm sorry. Sounds like the last couple weeks have been tough. me 2. take care.

Jon said...

Actually today I went in late because the "managers" needed to figure out what to do before we all showed up.

We packed up our cubes and a moving company was to move our stuff to another area of the building.

The developers have it worse than me. This is going to cause things to be further behind than the product already is.

After we got our shit packed up a bunch of us went bowling. Ya... we're slackers

Deb said...

Oooh, I smell mildew big time in this post! Hang in there---and have a few drinks...do it the "Deb way"... ;)

Hope things work out for ya!

Roxi said...

awwwwww babe.. that sucks honey!!!

AVA said...

Aaagh. I'm sorry!! I hope it doesn't turn out as bad as it sounds!