Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Inconceivable

I have been away from work for a week. I came back to about 1000 e-mails, many of which I just deleted as they were just automated messages telling me something is wrong. A few e-mails were from engineers trying to find out what happened. They blamed it all on me... jokingly. They said they've been "Shanked". This brought on 2 reactions from me. The first was defensive "I didn't do anything wrong", then I realised they were just messing with me in my absence. I've been the butt of too many jokes lately. It's time for some retaliation.

Dan got a sound bite of our friend Bernie saying "Inconceivable" sounding way too much like Vizzini from Princess Bride. Dan used a program to snag that sound bite and I had him send it around to a bunch of us. Now every time any of us get an e-mail our computers yell "Inconceivable".

Maybe this is too much of an inside joke to share with you all, but it is hilarious when an e-mail goes out to the entire team and there is the echoing of Bernie coming from all directions. I may have to take in some powered speakers tomorrow, but that might be over doing it.

Bernie kind of looks like him too.

10 comments:

Me! said...

I don't think that's too inside jokish. That's pretty damn funny if you ask me. I'd love to do that with some of the people who say shit all the time around the office.

You got anything for redneck people who repeat shit from redneck comedy all the time as their own material and laugh hysterically at themselves constantly?

barman said...

I love this. As a matter of fact I just found that very sound and have sent it on to work. I think I will enjoy this but my coworkers might not. I also found one where he says "Then there will be no one to hear you scream" that might not be bad either.

Hey chick, in my wanderings finding the above I came across this page entitled "Redneck Rampage wav sounds" that you may be able to use.

Jon said...

I've played Redneck Rampage... That's probably got some funny shit on it

SignGurl said...

I love that line. Incothievable! Too funny.

echotig said...

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"

Mel said...

I have the soundbyte from Euro Trip - where Mr T says
"Mail Muthafucker!" - hehe, oodles of fun.

SignGurl said...

I forgot to tell you that I made the signs for the little bookstore/coffee shop in Mason where you had wireless access. We also did most of the newer signs there. The Kean's and Wares signs were the toughest.

grits said...

hilarious!

HS said...

LMAO...no, thats totally hilarious! I just wish I could be there to actually hear this! :)

bigwhitehat said...

"Anybody want a peanut?"