Friday, April 14, 2006

Relaxing before the stress

Amy, one of the engineers here on the project, does some interior decorating on the side. She has been working on a house up in Silverthorne near a lot of ski areas. The owners are stinking rich and live in the New England area. They rent the house out to people throughout the year. She got permission from the owners to invite out team up for last weekend. It was kind of short notice, but from the description of the house how could I pass it up? Not too many people took Amy up on the offer. This house has at least 7 bedrooms, an indoor lap pool, indoor hottub, outdoor hottub, a european plunge pool, a dry sauna, a wet sauna, two big screen TV rooms, pool table, exercise room, pinball machine, and the most amazing views (I forgot my damn camera... sorry).

It was one of the most fun and relaxing weekends I have ever had. Lee cooked and amazing meal for everyone on Saturday night. I ate way too much. I had to fix that by using the outdoor hottub before going to bed.

It's decided, I need to win a Powerball jackpot.

This has been a busy week. The slacking off at work has changed to keeping the nose to the grindstone. My friends and I here have been bad in that we don't really give a shit anymore. We're all slated for lay-off and our attitude has sucked because of it. We've been going to the big breakroom and playing ping pong in the middle of the day; playing computer games; and one in a while a board game that someone brings in. I have tried to not get pulled into too much of it, but I have.

Monday as I was working from home, it was announced that we have to stop the slacking so that we can get the release out the door on time in June. Everyone knew ahead of time that June was not going to happen, but there were commitments made that are out of our hands. Even if we worked our asses off it would not make enough of a difference.

So this week any fun that we were having has stopped, and morale is at an all time low.

My resume is still up on Monster.com. I get contacted a few times a week for various jobs. The market seems pretty good right now. I hope that I can say the same thing in a couple months.

1 comment:

echotig said...

Hope you had a good Easter!