Friday, May 02, 2008

No Going Back

I've had second thoughts up until a couple weeks ago about fixing things up with MS. I know it's hard to just change the way you think about someone. Maybe I've just been lonely. She was always around, and now for 6 months I have not really dated anyone. A random date here and there, but nothing that sticks.

We see each other now and then. She had asked if it was ok if she could stay in our board gaming group (we get together about once a month). I was fine with it. The first couple game nights were uncomfortable, but we've gotten past it.

She told me that Dan from our gaming group had convinced her to start playing World of Warcraft a couple months ago. I thought that was odd. Not the fact that she was playing a video game... she is quite a geek in her own right, but the fact that she was playing a PC game. She's an XBox player. I guess Dan and her had been playing a lot, and I had a feeling something might develop out of it. Dan confirmed it the other day. He told me over IM, and asked if I was ok with them dating. I did feel a little jealous, but I know that MS's and my problems would not go away. I was fine with it.

A week or so later MS and I talked about it. She knows I am feeling wierd about it, but she said it herself that the reasons I broke up with her were valid and would not be getting any better anytime soon. I think she was a little stunned by my little bit of jealousy.

She is right, and I will get past this. It just feels weird. I've never dated someone then had a good friend date her later. There was this thing with my brother once, but that was a whooooole different story.

5 comments:

Grace said...

Wow, that's tough. There was a guy that I dated for a while, who (after we broke up) ended up dating a girl that I went to school with... it made me sooo jealous. I didn't even personally know her, but it still really pissed me off.

My suggestion: get another girl, and it won't bother you as much :)

terry said...

well, now i want to hear about the story involving your brother!

sorry you're feeling weird about the MS thing, but i think that just confirms that she's not the one for you. she's still out there.

Stealth said...

*blink*

I agree with Grace on this one.

You are doing really well, considering that I used to get jealous if my BROTHER dated one of my FRIENDS.

Uhm. So, yeah. That is a tough situation to say the least.

Anonymouse said...

awkward! think how it will be when they get married! LOL

;)

Anonymouse said...

oh and.. shes playin wow? is she on our server? *L* is she a hordie? can i go kick her ass?