Sunday, May 04, 2008

Bizarro World...

I've had what I would call a rash of strange discussions lately.

I never dated in high school. When I went off to college I met a girl in Phoenix that was nice. Unfortunately I met her about the time I needed to leave. We went out on a number of dates. I was 19, she was 16. I know what you're thinking... we never had sex.

Well, out of the blue she IMs me. She was leaving her second husband and heading back to Phoenix. Why does she contact me? I have no idea. Maybe she just needed to talk to a friend. We reminisced about the past a little. It got wierd but I kind of ignored it. Emotionally she's not in a good place right now, so I just let the "what if" questions go by without much of a responce. I have a feeling I am going to hear a lot more from her.

So Saturday, I am reading over e-mail and doing some research when I see that I have a message waiting for my on my Facebook. It happens to be from the girl I dated a few months after I got back from Phoenix.

Is this a warped episode of "You Bet your Life"?

This was the first girl I ever had really strong feelings for, but that was over 20 years ago, which is hard to believe. She's been married for a while. We kept in contact about once a year with Christmas cards until she got married. She was always afraid my ex was going to get jealous, and my ex always did. But I was not going to tell a friend that she couldn't send a Christmas card. Hell, my ex used to get gifts from one of her ex-boyfriends. I was never threatened by it. The guy was as annoying as gum stuck to the bottom of your shoe.


Anyway, she now has her PhD in Fine Arts. She was a music major and a very talented teacher even way back then. She used to teach private lessons to beginner sax and clarinet players. I think that is one of the things I really liked about her. I am extremely proud of her accomplishments. It's funny that we've reconnected so many years later. I remember her saying once that it may not be soon, but someday she and I would be very happy together. I don't believe for a second she was still working toward that.


It's been a weird weekend with a lot of reminiscing. It makes me wonder what might be around the next turn. I think I'll go buy a Powerball ticket.

8 comments:

Grace said...

That's awesome! I think the Powerball ticket may be a good idea...

Jon said...

Awesome? Really? I am kind of creeped out by it all.

Stealth said...

LOL@ Jon. I would be creeped out too, but you should still play powerball.

c'mon number 17!!!

oh, and...it's Everything Nice's bday..

:( Wherever she is. (it was yesterday)

Faerie said...

Hey Jon ... how are you?

talk to you soon I hope.
=]

sugar

Faerie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara Tainton said...

What a fun week for you! It's very cool when the life shows how "synchronicity" works and connects the seemingly unconnected. Just reminds you of all the surprises yet to experience ahead. ;)

xoxo
Tara

Anonymous said...

I've known a lot of people who have gone backwards to go forward successfully.

Anonymouse said...

hmm you are prolly the one that got away for many people.. ;) good lookin years later, successful in your choice of career, still have yer hair n all yer teeth... LOL *smooch* Your a catch babe!