Friday, May 23, 2008

Bizarro - I hope that's it

Let me paint the picture. She is 39 years old, but looks at most about 32. Medium long blonde hair, pretty face, and a very nice body. So for me to not want a romantic relationship with her is saying a lot about her issues. She is very needy with a capital N, and now she's on the rebound.

... So while I was down stairs fixing my friends computer she was watching Cloverfield. Luckily I had finished the blog post and was working on the other system because she snuck down to the basement and was watching me fall asleep at the workbench.

I had just finished what I was doing and started a defrag when I was dozing off. The movie ended, and she wasn't overly impressed by it. She's never had that great of taste in movies.

I got my sleepy ass upstairs and cleaned up a little, and she plopped her ass down on the couch. Apparently she wasn't going to leave on her own. This just means I have to deal with it. On top of that it turns out she poured herself a nice big glass of juice, and added a generous helping of my vodka to it (at least it was cheap vodka).

This wouldn't be the first time she might have to crash at my house, but I was determined to confront the "issue" and send her on her way. I don't think that was her plan at all. I got the distinct impression that she wanted me to drag her to my bed and do all kinds of fun things to her.

I wasn't taking the bait.

I do have some self control. I know that this is hard to believe for a guy. Especially from a guy that is not currently getting any. The situation reads RED FLAG in my mind, which makes me able to control my libido. I am certain that most guys would have done the nasty and ditched her. I don't play that way.

So she asks me point blank what the problem is with the two of us dating again. Suddenly I felt like I came to a gunfight with a pocket knife. I didn't want to insult her, or make her feel bad. I am not a very good speaker when confronted like this, so I probably sounded like a total moron.

After telling her that I just don't think it would work, which she wonders why I think that, I ask her if she is ok to drive. This gives her the semi-obvious hint that I want her to leave. It took another 10 minutes or so before she was finally getting up to go.

She didn't plead or beg. She just said "Think about it" with a coy look.

I am afraid this has ruined our friendship. I know I'll always think that she is hoping I'll change my mind.

7 comments:

- said...

wow. and yikes. i just read your posts. needy with a capital N is never a good thing. yikes. hope it all goes as it should from here on out. good luck 2 U & thanx 4 stopping by my blog. ; )

terry said...

ya know, if this ruins your friendship, it's probably not worth worrying about...

i mean, do you really need a friend who can't respect your wishes? and makes you uncomfortable?

think about it (she said coyly). ;)

Grace said...

She wants you Jon, but you obviously already knew that...

It's always good to have some cheap vodka around; I could use some right now actually.

jillie said...

Sometimes you have to just cut ALL ties and move on. I agree with Terry...AND it would make for a miserable friendship because then she would try to get the dating game going again.

Better to cut the ties ;o)

jillie said...

BTW..if I ever stop over...you had better bring out the good vodka or at least the Jameson ;o)-

Stealth said...

..ummm...

AWKWARD!!!! I don't envy you with this situation.

Additionally if I had been in the same one, I would have been CLUELESS what to do.

Shocker, I know. You seem to be handling things well. :)

Anonymous said...

Jon, it's time for the swift kick in the pants. Forget about the women for now. Things always have a way of working themselves out.