Sunday, October 01, 2006

Finally, a minute to write...

First of all, thanks to all of you for your well wishes. Its' been a rough month or so, and it is probably going to continue for many weeks to come. I am thinking I might get a break around Christmas. UGH!

I have had some great successes in the past few weeks. I have changed how software development is proceeding with this company. Previously they had a very limited ability to work on multiple software releases at once. They could not easily work on the software from multiple sites, now that is almost possible. Should be working this next week.

There are plenty more challenges for me to overcome, but I am knocking them off one by one.

The kids have really been great lately. They are a little frustrated with me bringing work home, but at least I can sit in the family room with them and interact while I work.

I have been pretty consistant with them as far as their school work goes. It has really paid off for Kevin this year. Kevin has As and Bs, and he is really motivated. I hope we can keep this up. I think the threat to not let him go snowboarding with the high school ski/board group if his grades drop helped too. Yes, he's still in middle school, but they allow a few in his grade to go with the high school kids.

I bought myself some skis a few weeks ago. I bought boots last year because I was having a hard time finding rentals that were comfortable around my big calves. I knew I was buying skis this year, I was just hoping that I would have a job before THE big ski sale started. So now I am totally outfitted.

Then Kevin was asking about checking out snowboards. He won a couple mall credit cards when he did some things with my ex's boyfriend last summer. He had $100 to spend. I bought the cards from him and took him to the ski sale a week later and got him set up as well.

Yesterday after bowling leagues I took the kids to get Erik rental skis for the season and to pick up mine and Kevin's equipment from getting mounted and tuned. We are ready for the snow. I have not been this excited about winter in many years.

Did you guys all watch Heroes last week? I thought it was pretty cool and has great potential. I was a little freaked out about seeing Ashley on the TV again. I don't know if anyone noticed, but she has some paralasis in her face. I can never remember the condition she has. I am glad she is working though. This Monday's tag line for the episode " A stranger in a strange land, an evil about to unfold"

My PC gaming friends are now wanting to play some different games. Luckily the first choice is a racing game that I found on-line cheap (~$15). Could be fun, but I am still waiting for Battlefield 2142.

12 comments:

sxuly yrs said...

Yippee..cant wait for the snow either!! Picked up my board today, and they are going to start blowing on a slope a few minutes away this week!! But, I heard you have better powder..can I come play with you boys??

xoxo!
andi

Jon said...

heh, you said blowing

Head this way and we'll have a blast!!!

GAB said...

I cant remember the last time I was excited by snow. In fact I cant wait to get away from it. But Im glad your going to have sp much fun and being with the kids is the number 1 thing to do. Glad work is going so well.HAve a good week.

erika said...

Sounds like the kids are going to have a blast this winter. Me..I am happy on a snowmobile.

Roxi said...

I LOVED HEROES!!!!

I think its an awsome fucking show.

CozyMama said...

wow, your alive, really you are!!!

David Edward said...

hello
droppped in from Jodes
on my way to denver/boulder on friday for a weekend of fun without snow.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could get into winter sports as much as some are able! First, I just don't like snow that much! Second, I'm scared of heights. Third, I'm scared of heights. And Forth, I'm scared of heights. So.... it's okay if I just stick to lazing around on the warm sand near a gorgeous body of water when the weather permits, right? Right.

Sorry that things are so hecktic for you right now. Easy to say, I know, but things will slow down... and they will get better.

Go Kevin on the A's and B's!!

erika said...

Hey you! I hope everything is ok.

Jon said...

I am still alive. Just haven't had time to play much. I miss you all. I'll talk to you soon.

jillie said...

Saw your name on my friend Jodes blog...dropping by to say "hello"
:o)

SignGurl said...

I love the new avitar!