Sunday, October 29, 2006

Bitch, bitch, bitch

Geez Roxi, you're so demanding. I'm starting to feel like I'm married again :P

Yes, we got a shit load of snow on Thursday. About 18 inches at my house. The wind was blowing so much that it created snow drifts that were 4-5 feet tall in places. One of the limbs on my big tree out front broke. That tree is looking kind of lop-sided now. There were limbs breaking all over town since the snow came so fast and was so heavy. It's just a few days later now and almost all of the snow has melted.

Things at work are as stressful as ever. I mentioned that I have a few jobs to fill. Well, I have hired a new guy. He seems very good although a couple of the guys that interviewed him with me do not recommend horing him. They have this grand idea of what this position should be and so intense qualifications that go along with it. Well, if we were to change our focus to what they want we wouldn't be able to fill the position for 6 months or so.

The resume of a guy I worked with a couple years ago dropped on my lap a couple weeks ago. I met him when I was doing some consulting work. He and I got along great. I am hoping to fill my other Denver position with him. He passed a phone screen with other guys, and is coming in this week for a face to face.

My Oakland position might be filled soon as well. It seems we missed out on a guy that was available a couple weeks ago, but we have a line on a lady that would be good. She is going to be reporting to me, but I have to interview her over the phone. I don't like that. I am hoping to be able to get out to the bay area to meet the person I hire sometime, but it seems so hard to get the time.

MS and I went to her best friends Halloween party Saturday night. She was in the Seattle area for the majority of the last 2 weeks so we had no time to come up with a costume. She got back to town around 1 a.m. on Saturday morning. We had 18 hours to come up with a costume. She stopped by the house one our way to a costume shop in the early afternoon. On our way there she said she has an idea, but didn't want to say what it was in front of my kids.

Her idea was that we go as a couple that just got busted having sex. Our clothes and hair would be messed up. I would have lipstick marks here and there. As I kept driving we started brainstorming other ways of doing this couple costume. Here is what we came up with...

For me:
Seriously messed up hair
Light colored dress shirt with buttons misalligned
Lipstick on cheek and collar
Shirt tail not tucked in on one side with lipstick mark down there
Pants buttoned, but not zipped up, and belt not buckled
Shoes untied
A couple condoms hanging out of the shirt pocket

For her:
Hair mess up only in back
Lipstick smeared
Missing one earring
Blouse on inside out
Skirt not on straight w/one part of it in the back is tucked into the waste exposing her slip
... and the best part
Bright red thong stuck to the heal of her shoe

It was awesome!!!

We didn't win the costume contest, which I was not surprised. There were some great ones. The person that one the contest was a really tall burly guy dressed as a school girl. Wig, full make-up, and a school uniform. He shaved his legs and had white knee-high stockings with white bows at the top, and high heels. I personally thing the guy is a cross-dresser. He said he did the make-up himself, and was able to walk way too well in those shoes.

Second went to a woman dressed as an Oompa Loompa (original movie version). But I think the funniest, besides ours was a guy dressed in all red with a little kids bike handlebars strapped to his chest. He was a Menstrual Cycle.

Good fun!

8 comments:

aughra said...

I am totally stealing your costume idea next year.

Anonymous said...

ME TOO! That was an awesome idea.

Sounds like you had a really great time at the party...
Gotta love periods.

erika said...

LOL those are great ideas for costumes!

tm said...

Sounds like you had a great Halloween. I love your costume idea. Very cute.
Just stopping by to say Hi

CozyMama said...

OMG you better produce some pictures. YOu hear me!!!! Those sound great. I was Wilma Flinstone and the pic will be posted tmrw.

CozyMama said...

dude - get a new post. just kidding I know you are super busy. got my hnt up today.

Jon said...

Pictures are coming... soon

Stacy said...

Wanted to say hi. The husband and I are looking at purchasing land down that way soon. We've been wanting to buy a large chunk of soil for quite awhile, but it's just too expensive up this way. Found 35 acre parcels outside of the city for great prices. Going to build our final home there.