Sunday, October 15, 2006

So much to write, so little time

Work hasn't eased up much in the past couple weeks. Getting some of my priorities done just means I need to work on the next ones. This week should be interresting.

It sounds like I'll be doing some travelling in the future. Now that we've been "acquired" there is talk of some of the work I have done has been noticed and needs to be done with other projects in our "division". I certainly didn't expect this job to get even more crazy. Hopefully these projects won't need my attention until I get some of our local issues dealt with.

I've been shot down on taking my kids to Michigan with me for Christmas. This is a major bummer for me. I have never been without them at Christmas. She is kind of upset about it because the kids knew before she did. She doesn't like being put in a bad light if she says no. Unfortunately my mom let it slip on a phone call a while back, so when they talked to her next the issue started to boil. I was upset with my mom for saying anything. I tend to forgive her because of her age. I haven't gotten a flight reservation yet. I am waiting to know if my brother is coming. If he is but can't afford to fly we may drive it together. If he doesn't make a decision soon I will get a ticket and let him fend for himself.

I let my ex know that we may be going to Connecticut next yet. She has more than a year to prepare herself for the fact that she will not have her kids for Christmas. Too bad, it's only fair.

Thursday was Erik's birthday. The boys were with my ex, but she invited me and MS to go to dinner with them at Texas Roadhouse. I wasn't sure how MS would feel about it, but she did want to go. It was a good evening, but one funny thing did occur. We were sitting there waiting for our food when in walks a neighbor, her boyfriend, and her girls.

I don't like this neighbor because I was good friends with her ex. He is a great guy. I have not talked to her for about 6 years. She lives right across the street, and not a word. She knew that Irene and I had split of course. The whole neighborhood knew what happened. It's kind of hard to live in a neighborhood that knows that your wife slept with one of the other neighbors.

Anyway, she saw us there... all 6 of us. She had this "WHAT THE FUCK!?" look on her face.

For some reason that felt good. She is one of those crazy bitches that has to freak out on whomever she is breaking up with. She did it to Joe (her ex), which ended with her getting carted off to jail for a night. That was fun to watch. I've also witnessed other breakups with other guys since. I guess the concept of being civil with an ex just doesn't seem to fit in her twisted sense of reality. I guess to someone like that the only way to end things is to blow a gasket.

I had a great weekend with the boys. Saturday morning was of course bowling league. Unfortunately, this meant not sleeping in. I gave Erik a new bowling ball for his birthday, but unfortunately it wasn't drilled yet. They both got awards from the previous week. That was pretty cool.

Afterwards we had to rush home and get cleaned up for Erik's party. We weren't having the party at my house. We just needed to get our stuff together. The ex and I had a party for him at a laser tag place here in town. The kids always enjoy that. I did very well compared to previous outing. I was ranked 10th of 25 for the first game, and 7th of 25 for the second. I think all that PC war gaming paid off on my tactics :D Mike's son is a freakazoid in laser tag. He was 2nd both games. That little shit. My friends Mike and Irma finally got to meet MS. I took a load of shit for not taking her out to their house yet. MS's kids were their too.

Afterwards I invited MS and her kids to come over for dinner. Unfortunately, her daughter had to work, but MS came with her son. Our kids get along fairly well. Her daughter is 17, so she doesn't hang out with us too much, but once in a while she does and she is a lot of fun. Her son is 14, and should never eat sugar. It's like giving a crack pipe to a junkie. He can be hard to take at times. I try to be patient.

Her kids are on opposite sides of the spectrum. Her daughter is a straight A student. She is hoping to get in to MIT next year. She has a good shot. Her son on the other hand will be lucky to graduate. At least one F on his report card is the norm it seems. He was this way before the divorce, so you can't blame that. He is not stupid. I think he just lacks the ability to absorb much information. He joined the ROTC program at the high school. I would bet that he'll be joining the Air Force after high school.

My kids are on their Fall Break from school. They were off all last week with my ex, and they are off all this week with me. My ex took the entire week off. I can't do that for obvious reason, but I did get clearance to work from home Tuesday and Wednesday. I am wanting to talk to my boss about working from home one day a week, but I can't justify it withthe amount of turmoil there is. Hopefully soon. One of the guys that reports to me put in his 2 week notice last week. Can I send this dish back, there just isn't enough stress on it. Thank you very much.

I now have 3 open jobs to fill, one of them being in Oakland, CA. I just hope the other guy in my department doesn't decide to leave. I would be screwed.

My friend Michelle from Arizona contacted me. Remember her? She asked me to send her the newspapers from here and in Denver. I guess things have devolved there to the point where she is ready for a location change. Why does that give me butterflies in my stomach? She knows I am seeing someone and I know she would never do anything to cause any problems.

Here's an odd note...

I have a friendship with a woman here that started out as dating, but we both ended it after just a couple weeks because of various incompatibilities on our lives. We remained friends and talk to each other about everything. She is a hair stylist and cuts my hair. I would not say we're close because I only see her about once a month (mostly only when I need a haircut), but we talk on a regular basis. To be honest, now that I know her better I am sooooo glad we ended a romantic relationship before it ever got off the ground.

I still enjoy spending time with her once in a while. She cuts my hair, we go to dinner and talk. But lately she's been demanding more time. She needs help with this and that, blah blah blah. I have not been there for her on these occasions because I am afraid that she'll get used to leaning on me for things. I do feel guilty about not being there for her. To be honest, if it was a guy friend I wouldn't have hesitated to help.

MS knows all about her. I was up front about my female friends I have here. MS doesn't seem to mind, but I certainly am not going to put MS aside if a female friend "needs" something. MS isn't the jealous type, but what does that say about the friendships I have made with these women? Am I a bad friend? I know that part of my hesitation is because I am worried that these women may get re-attached to me and I would have to break off even the friendship. So I keep them at a safe distance.

Why do I feel so depressed?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, busy week babe...now I feel depressed!

xoxo!
andi

echotig said...

You need to stop referring to your girl as MS. I have this terrible image of her in my head with Multiple Sclerosis.

Anonymous said...

Yes, MS, as in the disease is the first thing that comes to mind....


I think MS knows her place in your life, so she has no need to be jealous, as long as you're up front with her, and she's first, and knows she's first then other friendships are not a threat.