Friday, July 28, 2006

What died in here?

I came down from taking a shower and was overcome by a serious stink. "What the hell is that?". My kids looked at me like I was losing my mind (maybe I am). Now I need to do a major cleaning in my kitchen. I think I tracked it down to being a combination of the trash and that one of my kids left a big stink in the bathroom off of the kitchen. Sometimes I feel like buying a new house just to get away from the cleaning.

My carpets need cleaning, my floors need mopping, my windows need cleaning. Then I need to repair the cabinet surrounding my sink. I had a leak that has totally buckled the base of the cabinet beneath the sink. On top of all this I need to have half of the windows (the entire frames) in my house replaced. When does it end?

I got the offer package from FedEx yesterday. My benefits through these guys is going to be cheap. That is awesome.

My best friend moving is getting me down. I can totally relate with how Terry felt (well, not totally). But I feel like there is going to be a hole in my life. Mike and his family have been close friends with me and my ex since we first met 9 years ago. We did large landscaping projects , constructed swing sets and sheds, worked on vehicles, and of coarse went camping and riding quads/motorcycles together. He has been the best friend I could ever want. Obviosly we're going to be visiting them (and they us) from time to time, but Idaho is a long ways away.

With them leaving I am wondering if I want to keep my quad. I hardly ever took it out unless they were with us. It was never as much fun. He's bugged me for years about selling him my quad. He has a couple 2 wheel drive sport bikes, while mine is a 4x4 workhorse. He has borrowed it numerous times to do some work out on his 40 acre property. Why don't I do it? Maybe I am hoping that since both of my kids have motorcycles of their own we can go riding on our own more. I am still really nervous about Erik riding a bike. I may just sell the bike Mike sold me last month and buy Erik a small quad.

4 comments:

Jon said...

B - Thanks. He is one of those life time friends that will be hard to replace. Thanks for stopping by.

terry said...

awww, i know how you feel! i hate it when good friends move away.\

and i despise housecleaning too. fucking bleah, as dzer would say.

GAB said...

Sorry about your friend moving. Cleaning house isnt very many peoples idea of a good time. And it seems like the more you repair the more that breaks/falls apart. aske me I know! I would buy your quad it would work well on my 160 acre farm. but alass all my money is going for repairs on this house!CONGRATS on the job.

sxuly yrs said...

Jon..congrats on the job. Sorry to hear about your friends leaving..boo hoo!

As for your house..I live in the money pit too...as a matter of fact, I dont even call it home..I always nicely remark.."time to go to the money pit"

Lets vacate these traps and go live in Tahiti..

xoxo!
andi