Monday, February 13, 2006

Sick and tired

I took today off from work. I've had a sore throat and chest congestion.

I haven't had much to blog about.

I had the kids for a few days longer since my ex had to go out of town over the weekend. Unfortunately I was not feeling up to doing anything.

We did go to see "The Pink Panther" on Friday. I didn't really was to see it as the trailers just made me cringe. Why would anyone want to remake this franchise. There is NO ONE that can be Inspecter Clouseau other than Peter Sellers. Leave it alone!

Hating the idea of this was not enough to stop my kids from influencing me to go. There were some serious groaner moments in the film, but then there were a number of really funny gags. It's okay for a rental, but I wish I could get my money back.

Steve Martin did a fair job. Jean Reno was pretty dead pan, but did a good job. Beyonce Knoles needs to take a lot of acting lessons. Kevin Kline was great as Chief Inspector Dreyfus. I can see how they are goin gto continue to remake the whole Pink Panther franchise. Hopefully the stories will improved, but I may pass on any others.

6 comments:

Mel said...

Ditto on Sellers, Jon.

Deb said...

I hope you're feeling better! I think everyone's coming down with something.

I wanted to see that movie, I love Steve Martin. He's so silly.

Anyway, Happy Valentine's Day sweetie! Hope you feel better!!!

terry said...

i agree with you -- it's silly to even try to touch peter sellers.

hope you feel better, sweetie. shall i send you some of the massive amounts of cold drugs i have at home??

AVA said...

I hope you're feeling better today, Jon. Happy Valentine's.

Deb said...

Hey! I my partner and I wanted to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day!

{{{hugs}}}}


I hope you're feeling better Jon!

HS said...

Aw, sorry to hear you are not feeling too great...but I hope you are feeling better today and Happy Valentines day! :)