Sunday, December 31, 2006

Am I losing it?

My friend Mike called me Thursday to invite me and the boys to go skiing with him and his family this Sunday. I said as long as the weather clears up that would be great. MS is taking her daughter to the Bronco game, then coming over that night with her son to start the New Year with us (including spending the night).

Mike called today to confirm if we were going. It looked to me like the weather was clearing, but would be too cold and windy to have too much fun (I worry about my kids freezing to death). He suggested we move it to Monday. I figured "GREAT!" and we planned on meeting at the Woodland Park McDonalds on the way to Monarch.

When I got off the phone I realized that if MS and son spend the night on Sunday it would be rude of us to leave to go skiing the next day. I had to call Mike back and cancel. With all the travelling and storms these last couple weeks I have not seen MS (just her and me) since the 16th (I think). I felt I shouldn't let her down.

My kids both had a fit about it. They keep coming to me with ideas of what they think would be a win-win situation for all. None of those ideas are truly any good. There are other days that we can go skiing.

All of this makes me wonder and debate within my own head about where I see MS and I. To be honest, I can't figure it out.

The last night that MS and I were together she was just getting over being sick. She was sleeping in my bed and snoring to the point where I could not sleep anymore. I tried every trick I knew to get her to stop, but I know how it is when dealing with a cold or sinus problems. I had to get some sleep, so I went to my son's room and crashed there.

I was having an incredible sex dream that seemed to last forever. One of those that when you wake up you try your damnedest to get back to sleep to continue it. Well, that finally happened, but instead of trying to get back to sleep I was worried that I might have shouted out someone's name... the dream did not include MS. I guess it's probably a good thing I was in another room.

How would you interpret that?

10 comments:

CozyMama said...

you lost it a long time ago, I just forgot to tell you.

happy new year!!!!! xoxoxoxo

Mel said...

I don't think you should read too much into it - dreams are manifestations of our unresolved conscious thoughts or so they say, just enjoy that your brain can entertain you while you sleep - mine just turns to sludge. ack!
Happy New Year hon... make it the best ever.

terry said...

i wouldn't read much into that dream, as often they're just so freaky they have no connection to reality...

however, if you're truly questioning this relationship, that IS something to pay attention to. then again... do you have to know where things are going right now? is there some pressing need?

sometimes, it's best just to go with the flow. unless the flow isn't at all what you want.

Anonymous said...

Who cares how you interpret it... just enjoy the dreams!

sxuly yrs said...

I love it when you dream about me!! BTW, I cant wait till I can come skiing!!

xoxo!
andi

CozyMama said...

hello, are you back yet?

Anonymous said...

Dreams. I've dreamed about one guy my whole life. Never married him.


SO.

DO YOU CHERISH HER? or not.
That is the real question.

jillie said...

It just means you're normal and you were having ONE hell of a dream. WE ALL HAVE THOSE...not too worry. Hope you get out in some of that fresh powder soon. You're a good man because I would have ditched my company and told them to lock up on their way out. LOL

Jon said...

I guess I should only be concerned if she says something about it.

Thanks for all your comments

Terry - I guess I don't nered to know right now. There is no pressing need. I just feel like I may be wasting her time, because I don't think I am falling deeply in love with her. Yes, I do love her, but not enough to say I want to be with her forever. And I don't see that happening.

Andi - You wish babe :P

Jodes - I am back. Have been for a while.

Wilma - I would have to say not. Bad huh?

Jillie - I hear ya. Maybe I should have.

grits said...

Enjoy the dream! Who cares who's in it as long as the sex was good, which it sounds like it was..........