Sunday, January 07, 2007

Freakin iPod Meme, but I do love to meme about music

Thank you Terry...

Ok, first off, if you don't know already, I DO NOT have an iPud. I have an MP3 player. I refuse to use a piece of hardware that uses proprietary hardware and software (except the Xbox 360, and that is mostly just for the kids... mostly). I have a Creative Labs Zen Xtra 40GB MP3 player... Yes, 40 Giga-fucking-bytes.

Sure there are now iPuds out there with 80 GB, but when I got this sucker the only thing Apple was offering was 20GB, and guess what... mine was WAY cheaper. To actually get all of my MP3s onto a device I would need about 50GB, but there are some things that I don't listen to that much. But regardless I ripped all of my CDs into MP3s.

So after much ranting, here goes the meme...

Okay, on to to the meme...
Here's the deal: 1. Open your library on your iPod. 2. Put it on Shuffle. 3. Press Play. 4. For every question, type the song that's playing. 5. When you go to a new question press the Next button. Nat interprets this as something about the story of your life, so I'll go with that.

Opening Credits: "Maybe Angels", Sheryl Crow. This means I am either an angel or an alien. You choose.

Waking Up: "Saint Joe on the School Bus", Marcy Playground. Ok, that's just creepy.

Falling In Love: "I Wouldn't Dream of It", Split Enz. That is so fitting it made me laugh my ass off. "I'm not a prince in a fairytale, looking for a foot that fits"

Fight Song: "Goin' Through Your Purse", Material Issue. That would definitely deserve a fight.

Breakup Song: "Everything's Ruined", Fountains of Wayne. I couldn't have put it better myself.

Making Up Song: "We Are The Normal", Goo Goo Dolls. Is making up is normal? "We live and we die, with no reason why"

Life's Okay Song: "Build God, Then We'll Talk", Panic! At The Disco. "there are no raindrops on roses or girls in white dresses", Such a happy song... NOT

Mental Breakdown: "Private Idaho", The B-52's. I think some friends of mine in high school thought I was having a mental breakdown when I was listening to these guys. Little did they know that I was just fucking cool.

Driving: "Get To Me", Train. Perfect...
" Well an airplane’s faster than a Cadillac
And a whole lot smoother than a camel’s back
But I don’t care how you get to me
Just get to me
Parasail or first class mail
Get on the back of a Nightingale
Just get to me I don’t care just get to me
Prokeds, mopeds take a limousine instead
They ain’t cheap but they’re easy to find
Get on the highway point yourself my way
Take a roller coaster that comes in sideways
Just get to me"

Flashbacks: "Girls...", Marshall Crenshaw. Hard to believe, but I taught myself to dance while cleaning my first apartment while in college listening to this song, and every other song on this album. I guess this would also work for the next one, but I'll do this right.

Happy Dance: "Rock You Up", The Romantics. Maybe I should have switched the last answer and this one. One of my favorite 80s rock bands. I went to many Romantics concerts. We did a happy dance whenever we heard they were coming to Colorado.

Regret: "Shiny Magazine", Jet. The song is a little fitting, but the word makes me think of a voice mail that was left for me today. My head is not on straight.

Final Battle: "Not Where It's At", Del Amitri.

I don't have my finger on the pulse of my generation
I just got my hand on my heart, I know no better location
...
Yeah, she don't want me 'cos I'm not where it's at

Death Scene: "I Walk Alone", Oleander. Holy shit, I hope not.

Final Credits: "Through Being Cool", Devo. I'm done


Just like Terry said, consider yourself tagged, if you want to be!

19 comments:

DirkStar said...

Good post!

I'm with you. I have a Zen and I love it!

Cheap and no one tries to steal it when I'm out jogging.

P.S. II is my gaming choice.

CozyMama said...

that was cool, but I do not have the time or brainpower today to do all that.

Jon said...

DS - I've never been a big console fan. I loved the original Nintendo, but after that I had a brief run with the Dreamcast, but then I really got into the PC games.

Jodes - I know you have plenty of brain power. It didn't take that much time.

erika said...

Can you come over and clean my house so I can see you dance?

bigwhitehat said...

At least Devo made it on there somewhere.

Jon said...

Erika - Cleaning house takes a lot out of me. How will you make it up to me?

BWH - Devo will always be on my playlists.

I finally figured out why I couldn't post photos anymore, so I modified the post the way I originally intended.

CozyMama said...

you went back and added the pics very cool!!

Erin O'Brien said...

Hello. I have an iPod. It is dumb, but what can we do about that? Nothing, just continue to inhale and exhale and hope for the best.

Rivulets. Opaque. Zephyr.

Stealth said...

heh, I just rolled you...now I have to read.......and read :)

Stealth said...

I sometimes play "Very First Lie" by material issue on my site and "sex and candy" by marcy playground is in perpetual play on another site o' mine. :-)

great post doll..

sxuly yrs said...

Cool post..and I promise..you will never walk alone..

xoox!
a

jillie said...

I got the ipod shuffle for Christmas and thought I would hate it but it's great for house cleaning. As long as I am the only one home...I sing while the songs are playing and the only ones that suffer are my animals that HAVE to listen to my singing....LOL

jillie said...

I guess I'll just to get ear plugs for the dogs...please don't turn me in!

CozyMama said...

hey man, just dropping in.

Roxi said...

I have a phillips mp3 player.. personally I think its better then an ipod.. its eaiser to use and it works better.. plus I bought these really cool speakers that look like eggs..

sweet shit huh?

CozyMama said...

new post please. xoxoxo

Stealth said...

yeah where are you?? make a new post...

CozyMama said...

jon- you ok????

Anonymous said...

You gotta blog more! WE MISS YOU!