Saturday, May 13, 2006

10 weird/interesting facts about me

I was tagged by Heather... sort of.

1. I do a little genealogy work on my family. There is a very good chance I am related to Jesse and Frank James. I have information on one side of my mom's family back to around 1620.

2. I only wore tighty whities my whole marriage. As soon as my wife left I bought a bunch of boxers and boxer-briefs and threw away all my old underwear, including some that were never used.

3. I don't seem to have any addictions (well, except maybe to seeing pictures of naked women, oh and then there is that thing about eating junk food). I drink, but hardly ever to the point of being drunk. I have never even tried a cigarette. I have tried a couple drugs, but I am not anxious to do them again, especially mushrooms. I never tried smoking pot until I was 33.

4. I am one of 6 children in my family. Everyone calls me "the baby", but actually I had a baby sister that died a few months after being born from a heart defect. Today that defect could have easily been found and would have been corrected (possibly before she was even born).

5. My father was 46 when I was born. He was as old as most of my friends grandparents. My brother Mike, me, and our baby sister were all "mistakes". Mike and I were told this when we were young.

6. I reluctantly took up trombone in 5th grade. I wanted to play trumpet. I ended up being one of the best trombone players in town when I was in high school. I never practiced unless my friend Greg challenged me for 1st chair. He beat me once but I got it back a couple weeks later.

7. I went to a tech school in Phoenix when I was 17. I never graduated. I left school after 2 years because I was accused of statutory rape and I freaked out. I never even touched her. Leaving Phoenix is one of the biggest regrets of my entire life.

8. I was 20 when I lost my virginity (after I left Phoenix). Not too many girls wanted a geeky trombone player. Well except this one chick in the D&D club in high school. I wasn't into D&D, and I certainly wasn't into her.

9. I snore. My ex said I was bordering on having sleep apnea. None of the women I have been with (overnight) since then have said much other than I do snore a little. Some never noticed. Maybe subconsciously I was trying to torture my ex.

10. When I don't have my kids about the only meal I have is when I go out to lunch with the guys at work. I have probably screwed up my matabolism beyond repair.

10 comments:

terry said...

for a second there, i had to think about what "smoking pop" meant...! i guess that tells you about my non-existent drug history...

i can't believe you were told you were a "mistake." that's just cruel.

and sweetie, you must eat! eat!

Jon said...

Corrected... I must have been thirsty at the time.

Grace said...

My parents told me that I was a mistake too. It never really bothered me though... mistake or no mistake, I happened! Now they're stuck with me :D

Very interesting facts about you!!

Mel said...

Parents are fecking idiots, not all of them, but the ones who say shyte like that - for real.
Anyways, I'm happy you're around Jonny... hugs..

aughra said...

That's a lot of mistakes. Three? Your mom should have put a stop to that!!

I actually enjoyed reading these. Thanks.

Jon said...

My parents almost divorced when I was very young. My dad blamed it on how my brother Mike and I would always fight.

Was "the pill" readily available in the early to mid 60s? Even so, I think back then not too many married people used it. It was probably something they thought "the young people" used.

My dad was a fairly major tool. He was one of those people that never understood that his "constructive critisism" could be hurtful to someone. He told my brother and I they we were mistakes possibly as his way of introducing sex education. Amazing huh?

The only reason they stopped having kids was because they blamed my baby sister's birth defect on his "old sperm".

If it wasn't for my mom I am sure we would have all been fucked up beyond belief.

Deb said...

My family calls me 'the baby' too. I'm the youngest out of 4 girls. My oldest sister died at birth--so it's the other way around.

Interesting little tidbits on ya!

HS said...

Thats a good 10! A fellow tromboner! I use to play in high school...mainly because I could walk around saying I was a tromboner...

hahaha...and its still funny saying it! :)

The Lone Rangers said...

#2) LOL I wore them for my entire marriage too, now only to the gym...lol

echotig said...

All the finest people were "mistakes."