Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Finally a bite!

After being unemployed for 2 1/2 months I have finally been offered a couple jobs. One here in the Springs and one in South Denver. Both are contract jobs, so not the most secure in the world, but beggars can't be choosers. I have asked them both to give me some time as I also had an interview at another company today that I really want to work at. This is a permanent position at a great company. The interview went really well. They did not ask me any technical questions that I could not answer and the interpersonal questions they asked I seemed to answer to the hiring managers liking. I ask him as he walked me to my car if they were definitely interested. I told him I have a couple other offers that just came in this morning, but I would really like to work with them. He is going to give me at least a heads up by the end of the week of if I am still in the running, but they may not make the decision until next week, then he is going to Russia for a couple weeks and will be out of touch. I hope the others can hold off long enough to get a reply on this one.

When it rains... it floods!

My brother Mike just closed on his house yesterday. He is finally a home owner. I went by the new place today on my way to the interview. It's a fairly old place, with some minor problems that need to be fixed. I am so glad he did this. Now he has something to base his financial future on besides being voted the best bartender in "The Springs" 3 years running.

Billy is also working on buying his first house. He and Pam are moving to Connecticut. They have a great old place with a huge plot of land. Close to an acre I think he said. If I start working here in the next couple weeks I may be able to make it out to LA before they move.

Things are looking up for the Shanks boys.

1 comment:

AVA said...

Good luck on that new job!. Tell us all about it when you get a reply.