Saturday, January 12, 2008

Not a New Years Resolution

... but something was resolved

I said goodbye to the Vibe last weekend when I went and ripped out the stereo in the lot next to the collision center. Don't worry, I was allowed to do it. It was sad to sit in that dead hulk of metal and broken glass. I thanked it for saving my life.

The insurance company of the guy who caused the accident finally called me the other day to get my side of the story. I know they were just corroborating what they had already heard. I was kind of annoyed though. I was at work, and she was trying to twist the story as I told it. I know it is probably her job to do that, but I was frustrated. The good thing was that she finally agreed to take care of the liability. I'll get my $500 deductible any day now. They also conferenced in the Enterprise office and got that transferred to be billed directly to them.

I was hesitant to get a Malibu. I hadn't been impressed by the styling or the power since the 70s pony car versions. But this one is SWEET!


I had been having a hard time finding one I liked. Either the wrong colors or missing options I wanted, but I finally found one with all the options I wanted and the color I wanted. I got the sunroof, which I didn't really want, but these cars are selling so fast they can't keep them in stock. The guys at the Chevy dealer said that the Malibu was about the only thing they were selling. They sold maybe 2 other cars since the beginning of December that weren't Malibus.

Now I wonder if I am going to regret it when the new Vibe GT comes out in March. sigh

3 comments:

jillie said...

NICE!!!!!!!!! What color did you get? I hope you post pictures when you do.

Good luck and this BY FAR beats the Vibe in looks...lol

Yeah, I know it's a chick thang...it's all about the looks.

Have a great wknd Jon ;o)

jillie said...

Was this the wknd for football or WHAT!!!!!!!! The upsets....hot damn!!!

Go Packers!!

Can't wait to see the pics jon boy..lol

xo

Evening said...

I like the looks of the Malibu too. And I agree with Jillie, that is the important thing. Now, what color are we getting?

I am just so glad you weren't hurt Jon. But I am sorry you had to go through all the frustration.

xo