Monday, January 14, 2008

The Car and Thanks

No one was around this weekend to take a picture of me modeling with the new car.

I posted that picture because it is the color of my Malibu. I think the picture doesn't do it justice. The background color is too blah. I really does look sharp. It is called Dark Grey Metallic. It looks really good with the 2 toned leather interior :D

I promise to get some real pictures of it up. I am very pleased with it. It is the nicest car I have ever owned.

I know I was bitching about the car. I realize how close I came to being a meat puppet. I choose not to dwell on that. I am very happy to be alive and in one piece. Thank you all for your regards. I REALLY do appreciate it.

Chrissie... I know you love your PT Cruiser. Why, I'm not quite sure. I would bet you have some decent extras. the one I had sucked hard, and not in a good way.

Saturday I spent the day being the total geek that I am . I packed up my computer and went to a guy's house who I've never met before for a LAN party. There was about 16 guys in the basement of this house playing computer games together. It was a riot. I sucked. I was typically down toward the bottom of the stats for each game. I was there for 12 hours straight. When I left they were still going strong.

Sunday I did laundry ALL F-ING DAY, and watched The Bourne Identity and The Bourne Supremacy on HD-DVD. That shit is way too cool. I was going to watch Ultimatum tonight, but I took the boys out to dinner.

I have been extremely busy at work writing personnel reviews and devising more plans to fix the world (ok, maybe just this company). My boss finally got a real office, so he doesn't sit in the cube next to me. Since no one else from my team sits near me I am having myself moved over toward my team. If I stayed put I would have been surrounded by QA women. That sounds great on paper, but trust me it wouldn't have been good.

Jason, one of the guys on my team, is trying to convince me to ask our recruiter out. She is very good looking, and very friendly. Kind of too bubbly in my opinion. I've done some checking and she is unattached. I would bet that she would go out with me, just from my impression from the way she is flirty with me. I just don't think it's a good idea. I've done the work romance thing before. It can be pretty ugly if it goes south. On top of that, she's in the HR department.

6 comments:

Grace said...

Nice car. Congrats, I'm sure it's a relief getting all this car business out of the way.

LAN party, hehe, sounds like a good time. :)

terry said...

a LAN party??? really? oookay. as long as you had fun.

and yeah, i'd avoid the workplace relationship if i were you... UNLESS, of course, some great connection develops between you two.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jillie said...

Lucky you! Ummmmm....we still want pictures! LOL....

Party? Did I hear party?? lol

wisdomstuff said...

Okay, if you DO ask her out, do NOT tell her you spent 12 hrs in some guys basement playing video games.

I would definitely not rule out the work romance thing. Mine was a pretty positive experience.

jillie said...

Do I hear office romance????

Hey...where the pictures????

;o)