Thursday, December 20, 2007

The latest before I head out


I don't know if I'll get a chance to say it before the 25th, so...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!



These last 2 weeks have been intense. Work is unreal, but add to that trying to get things in a state where I can go on vacation, and then the car. I've rarely ever been this stressed.

The latest on the car is that the insurance company totaled it. I haven't decided on a replacement yet, and won't until I get back from Michigan. I still have not found out the name or the insurance company of the guy who caused the mess. The owner of the other truck involved called me yesterday thinking I was either the guy who caused it, or knew more information about the guy. It was hard to tell because his Spanish accent made it hard to understand him. He seemed like a nice guy. I asked him if any of the 6 guys in his truck were hurt. Apparently one of his guys was, but not bad.

So we're just waiting to get the report from the state patrol. Actually I don't have to wait. I have collision insurance, so I can buy a new car anytime. My insurance company is already getting ready to pay off the credit union that has the loan.

I hope to talk to you all soon. One or 2 of you I might even see in Michigan :D

9 comments:

Grace said...

You should get a Hummer... :P
Is it wrong that that's my dream car? It a hot looking car.

Other than that, I'm glad everything worked out with the insurance. Christmas time is always a little overwhelming, but I hope you're still able to enjoy yourself over the holidays.

Merry Christmas Jon!!

? said...

ACK! Your poor car. Something like that would put me in a funk for the holidays. Better drink lots of spiked eggnog, brother.

muse said...

Take some time to breathe!

Have you ever wondered about the incidence of heart attacks and strokes during this time of the year? It's the stress-

Remember things can be replaced...yes it is a hassle...but it was just a car-even though sometimes they seem like part of the family.

Chris said...

Hi, I can't find any contacts on your blog. Can I ask you to send a note for me? My email is in profile.
Thanks, Chris

Merry Christmas!

CozyMama said...

happy new year!!

SignGurl said...

Jon, Happy New Year! I know you are in Michigan but I don't know where :(

Stealth said...

um... YOU picked my most FAVORITE-IST Christmas pic.

I love that pic.

hot. hot ....HOT!!!

jillie said...

Well I hope you had a great holiday and you were able to "destress" a bit. Accidents are always a bitch and sounds like you've got good insurance that is actually there to help you out.

Car hunting...I guess it's a guy thing. Hate it...lol!!

Hopefully this will be something you can laugh at later...yeah, RIGHT!

;o)

jillie said...

Well I am waiting to see pictures of your new car!!!

Hope all is going well in your world ;o)