Monday, October 29, 2007

What will go wrong next?

So, the Rockies got their asses handed to them last night, then the Broncos lose to the Packers in overtime tonight. What can possibly go wrong next?

I am on vacation this week. That seems like a good thing, and it really is. I just wanted to take my vacation on a week I don't have the kids. Not that I don't like being around my kids, but if I have to be here to take them to, and pick them up from school I would rather be working.

My vacation is a result of a shitty vacation policy at work that states if you don't use your vacation time by Dec 31st, you lose it. I don't think they'll even pay us out for the time. So this is the only week I have available to me. We have shit scheduled from now until the end of the years at work, and fitting all of my guy's vacations in before the end of the year as well. Personally I give us only about a 50% chance of getting all of the major things done that we have planned.

I am taking the 21st through 31st of December off as well. Obviously I haven't been taking off enough time this year. I miraculously got permission from my ex to take the boys to Michigan with me. My family is very happy about that. I was too until I started looking into plane tickets (over $1600 for all 3 of us). They are raping people this year. So I decided to NOT fly this year. Last year after getting stuck on a business trip due to blizzards, my brother and I drove straight through as soon as I got to town. I hope we don't have a repeat. Mike isn't coming this year.

I was thinking about taking the train, but even that was going to cost me close to $800 without even getting a sleeper. Looks like I'm driving it solo.

I went to MS's best friend's Halloween party Saturday night. Again we came up with a last minute costume. This one wasn't nearly as good as last years, but it worked.

Sorry for blocking out her face again...

You like where I bite?

6 comments:

Enemy of the Republic said...

Sorry about the Rockies.

jillie said...

Whew! Good thing you didn't deflate her! lol

You make a GREAT vampire. Have I told you that I have a vampire fetish?

Now I felt bad about the Rockies, I was kind of hoping they would have pulled of the world series. But as for the Packer game, well, lets just sit this one out ;o)

SignGurl said...

Oh, I've made the trip from Denver to Michigan by car many times. I don't miss it.

Jillie has a vampire fetish? No wonder I like her so much!

Jon, you are looking seriously sexy! You can bite me any time. ;)

terry said...

you perv....!

excellent costume, btw...

jillie said...

Hey Jon, or should I say "Vampire Lestat" lol...

Hope you've enjoyed your week off and have a great wknd ;o)

Stealth said...

mwaaahahahaha! I vant to suck your blooood!!!

mwahahahaha!!

I really really enjoyed the excitement of being in a town where the team made the world series for the first time, even if they lost.

Kinda knew they would to the Red Sox, but I was hoping... :(

Ah well.. your costume looks great!