Sunday, October 21, 2007

Snow in October

This is what I woke up to this morning...


We've had a pretty calm fall here in Colorado, but it is still a big surprise when something like this happens. You can't tell from this picture but we got a pretty good snow out of this for it being October. It kept snowing most of the day. At times pretty heavy. It's melting almost as fast as it comes down, but it is still exciting. I've forgotten to get my skis tuned. I had better get on that.

I've been keeping myself busy learning some video editing/DVD producing software. It has made it apparent that I need more memory in my system. Who would have thought 2 GB of RAM wouldn't be enough.

My first task I am assigning myself is to move all of the TV show episodes I have downloaded onto DVD. Then I'll clear the files off of my hard drive. That 1TB of storage doesn't last too long when dealing with videos.

What else can I tell you. The rest of my life is kind of the "Same Ol' Shit"

I am forcing myself to take a week off from work in the next couple weeks before more shit hits the fan at work. I mistakenly made it during a week I have my kids. I should have planned it when they are at the ex's. I'm going to see about changing it. I am feeling the need to go gamble.

8 comments:

jillie said...

I'm watching the Bronco/Steelers game and they were talking about how it snowed earlier today. YIKES!! We've got the santa ana's here and it was 82! BUT...we now have fires blazing and it's not good. Do me a favor please and go and see Terry (TSDuff aka Terry's Time Out) fires are threatening her fathers home. SO SAD!

Enjoy the game ;o)

CozyMama said...

dude that is crazy. snow????

Deb said...

Oh wow, SNOW ????????? We've been hit with 80 degree weather lately and now the coolness is starting to finally kick in!

How've you been? Wanted to stop by and say hello.

Video editing, huh? Are you using a Mac or PC for that? My partner is a producer and edits for TV shows and sports---she has shown me a lot of stuff, and she uses a Mac to do it- Final Cut Pro. Is this the program you speak of? It's supposed to be the best I hear.

Anyway, hope all is well with you! Let me know how you're doing!

:D

Stealth said...

AHHHHH!!!

I am going to drown in snow..it's true...

can you give me an airlift back to the heat :(

oh...and...go Rockies :>

Anonymous said...

looks cooooold :)

Jon said...

That day was a bit cold, but it's not sticking to the streets yet. I like snows like this. It means good snow in the mountains WOOHOO!

jillie said...

Hey...are you ready for some ass whoopin from the Pack?

lol!!!

Evening said...

HEY JON,
DID YOU SEE I SENT MY COUSIN, SCOTT O'BRIEN, OUT THERE TO COACH YOUR BRONCO'S SPECIAL TEAMS??? HOPE HE DOES A GOOD JOB FOR YOU, EXCEPT WHEN THEY PLAY MY PACKERS!!!