Tuesday, July 24, 2007

One More Day...

until I am on vacation.

The big trip to Maine for my family reunion starts Thursday. I am anxious, and nervous. I don't know what to expect from this trip. I am going to be really self-conscious about myself, and people asking about MS. Am I stupid for taking my girlfriend on vacation with me? Probably.

I am really excited about seeing my immediate family, and seeing some of my extended family that will be there. I guess there are going to be family members there that I have never met before. That's what happens when your mom is from a large family and her siblings are spread all over the country.

I hope that it all goes smoothly, but I am afraid it won't/ I am going to try and stay calm, and not over-react. MS is getting stressed out because she knows I am going to be stressed out. AHHHHHH

I am surprised that I am not being asked to delay my vacation due to my job, but I told them that this was planned a year ago (well, not quite, but they don't need to know that). We're supposed to be rolling out new processes and tools to the group in Iowa at the end of August. We're not ready.

Actually I don't think we'll meet the schedule for one big reason. The server hardware we need has not even been ordered yet. I know that once the hardware is on order that our schedules will be screwed until we turn the switch.

The Iowa people are driving me crazy. We ask some really simple questions, and they skirt the answer EVERY FUCKING TIME. my frustration level with them is at an all time high. I am thinking they are trying to fuck this up for us, when in fact this will make their lives so much easier.

ACK!

I'll see you all after the 4th of August.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wooow... vaca with the GF! That is a huge step and speaks volumes! lol... I hope you are prepared for what it says! ;)

Nuke Iowa n get it over with already!

*firsties!*

Jon said...

I know you're just teasing me.... I hope.

Funny you should say "Nuke Iowa"... I've been semi-quoting the movie Aliens at work and saying,"Let's nukem' from orbit. It's the only way to be sure"

I know, movie quotes are such a guy thing

GAB said...

Have a good time and see you when you get back....we will be expecting a full report you know.

Anonymous said...

You're not bein' stupid for bringing your hunny with ya.
This is actually PERFECT for you to do with her. If she clashes with your family considerably, it's not too late to kick her to the curb. :)

Anonymous said...

Soo.. hows it goin i wonder? heh... didja buy the ring yet...

terry said...

hope you're enjoying!

CozyMama said...

hi my friend - come see me when you are back.

Deb said...

Jon- hope you're having fun! I just went over to Tamar's blog and saw your photo! I LOVE IT! It reminds me of myself these days!