Monday, August 29, 2005

The Calm and The Storm

It took forever it seemed to get Chantel to stop with the frequent calls and text messages. She would fabricate a reason to call or message me in hopes of a return call. I had noticed that she had left all of her sexy underwear here. I asked her why she didn't take it. She told me it was no use to her since she wouldn't be wearing it for anybody else. I just rolled my eyes. When I saw the items again I stuffed them on the shelf in my closet. I finally had to tell her flat out that she could not call anymore. She sounded better in that she was not sad in her tone, and she wasn't doing any kind of pleading. It seemed to work. No calls or messages for a few days. I was hopeful.

I ran into my own problem in the following days in that I found a number of items in the house that belong to her. Nothing that couldn't be replaced so I bagged it up, but held off on doing anything. Unfortunately I received some mail for her that was important. Bills from when she was in the hospotal. I decided that a message was neccesary, so I typed a quick note into my PDA about the mail and the misc. stuff and sent it on its way. As they say, hind sight is 20/20. I should have just mailed them to her.

A message came back thanking me for letting her know. That she would come get everything soon. The bag sat next to my front door for days. I was kind of glad she didn't rush right over like I had anticipated. After a few days I started to wonder if she was ever going to get them. I hate throwing things away.

Over the weekend I was finishing up the painting that Chantel had started in the house. Eight gallons of paint later and I had a fresh coat of paint in the family room, living room, kitchen, stairway, hallways and 2 bathrooms. The color is what I call Chocolate Milk. I was almost finished when the phone rang. Chantel was calling to see if she could come get her things. I agreed that she could. I finished up with the main parts of the stairway leaving just the trimout and touch up to do.

She came by and we talked. Mostly just about my work and about our kids. She also talked about how she now has a profile on Match.com, and that she met a guy and had plans to meet another in the next day or 2. I don't know if she was telling me this to make me jealous or she was trying to reiterate how she was over me. I guess she could have been trying to make me jealous, but there was no way of that. She asked if I had started seeing someone yet.

She asked if she could take me out for a bite to eat. She didn't want to head back to her house just yet. I felt that she sounded better about things, so I agreed (moron). I needed a shower so she waited as I was taking a shower. When I got out of the shower she was sitting on my bed reading my latest Maxim issue. This irritated me, but I decided it wasn't worth getting upset about. I put on a pair of shorts and a shirt and off we went.

On the way to the restaurant she kept asking me again if I was seeing someone or at least talking to someone that I might be dating soon. I had been out to see The 40 Year Old Virgin with my friend Ann, but I don't count her as seeing someone since we are just friends. I don't want to date her (or anything else for that matter).

The drama started. She said things to fuck with my head. Trying to make me feel guilty. Telling me how her kids really loved me. I tried to be nice, but I had to tell her that I didn't want to have this conversation. I asked her if she really wanted to go into the restaurant or just lay on more guilt. We went into the restaurant. I should have just turned around. How many mistakes have I made so far... anyone out there keeping track?

Of course the bullshit didn't stop there. She brought up how well the kids all got along together. How she didn't mean to make me feel like nothing of mine was good enough. Blah, Blah, Blah! It wasn't too intense so I didn't bolt out of there. I am not one to make a scene.

We headed back to my house. She asked if I would look something up for her on the Internet. John, my roommate was getting his stuff together for going off to the war. He was headed for the Mid-East the next morning. I wanted to stay out of his way, so we headed up to my room to get on my laptop. I found the info she wanted while she was watching TV.

I told her that she really needed to go now. She asked who I needed to meet at this time of night... more drama continues. I told her that I am not seeing anyone. I could not figure out why she was persisting, other than maybe to piss me off.

Chantel wouldn't go home. She said she wanted to spend the night. She didn't want sex, she just didn't want to go home. I told her that this doesn't work for me. I asked her to please leave. She started talking about how happy we were. I argued with her about how she is continually manipulating me.

We were sitting on my bed this whole time. She lifted up her top exposing her breasts. I grabbed her hand and pulled it down. I said we're not going there. She then was asking me who "she" was. I told her I didn't know what she was talking about. Like the only reason I have for not being with her is that I am with someone else. That fact that she has gone psycho isn't a factor?

I had finally had it and started to drag her off of my bed. I didn't want to hurt her. She bruises very easy so I didn't want to leave any marks that could be held against me. He brother and all his friends already want to kick my ass.

She asked to see my PDA phone. I gave it to her... at this point I wasn't sure why, but I also didn't care. I thought in the back of my mind... is she smart enough to figure out how to get to my text messages?

She pulled up my text message history right away, and asked who Michelle and Dawn are. I told her that Dawn is a friend that I had just informed that we had broke up. I hadn't talked to her since right after Chantel and I started dating. She asked how it was going with us. The last message I had in the history that she read was very cold and said something about having 4 months of great sex. I told her I was sorry she saw that. It spawned another big argument about how I REALLY felt about her. The message was totally taken out of context.

She then said what about Michelle. I told her that Michelle and I have been friends for a couple years and that we started talking a lot after our breakup because she was helping me understand a lot of what you (Chantel) were doing with the talking suicide and such.

Michelle is a psychologist. Even though she is a professional there is this complicating factor that we have always been attracted to each other. Well, she and I have been e-mailing, IMing, text messaging, and calling each other every few days. Most of it was about Chantel. A week or so before we decided that we both need a break from our lives and we should meet in Vegas for a few days.

So Chantel told me that I lied about seeing someone. Technically since we have yet to meet I can't be lying. She then got all bent out of shape about me going to Vegas for a booty call instead of being with her.

The stupid thing was that I didn't tell her about Michelle because it was none of her business. She assumes that the plans for us getting together was going on before we broke up. There's no trying to change her opinion of that. She claimed I wouldn't have sex with her tonight because I was seeing Michelle.

She finally left sometime before midnight I think...WHEW! But I figured out that she looked through my PDA earlier while I was in the shower and went through the whole evening trying to either trip me up or manipulate me into "telling the truth".

I was so pissed off I was up until 5:30 that morning stewing about the whole scene. I got about 3 hours of sleep and spent Sunday in a really bad mood.

She will no longer be hearing from me. If she tries to pull anything I am at the point that I will get a restraining order.

3 comments:

echotig said...

You need to practice the fine art of making a scene. Whats wrong with a good scene? She makes crazy scenes all over the place. It would have changed your whole evening. It would have been fun.

Jon said...

I am not that kind of person. This is another example of nice guys finishing last.

AVA said...

You really are nice Jon. You put up with her long enough.