Saturday, April 09, 2005

Spring Break is over

The kids were sorry that their Spring Break had ended. I, on the other hand, was glad to have some time to get some things done around the house. I had cleaned the carpets and straightened up around the house. A lot of this was prompted by Chantel coming for a visit that one day.

We had school, baseball practices, Erik's tutoring, and homework all week long. During the day I would field inquiries from recruiters all day long. I keep getting contacted by 6 or 7 recruiting agencies for the same jobs. I hope this all ends soon.

I am finding it hard to focus since Chantel came along. She is such a wonderful person and an incredible distraction. We weren't supposed to be getting together at all this week, but we just couldn't stay away from each other. We went out to lunch with Linda (Chantel's best friend and Evans' wife). We took her son Cody to a movie last night. I ended up staying at her house until 2 am. We get together and it becomes impossible to get us apart.

She is going to Linda's baby shower today with her mom, then getting ready for their Vegas trip. They leave very early Sunday morning. I won't see her until probably Thursday at the earliest. I will truly miss her.

Her family is worried about the 2 of us going so fast. We worry about it too, but we don't care. It feels so good to be with her, I can't stand to not be with her whenever time allows it.

Kevin had a scrimmage game on Thursday even against another team. Since it was a scrimmage we didn't have officials, so parents had to fill in. I was the infield ump while a parent from the other team called the pitches. He was calling pitches that were way outside strikes. But it was only a scrimmage and that is not an easy job. I had to do it a few times before.

Kevin was the starting catcher. The catcher drills they were running the previous practices were paying off. Only the extremely wild pitches were getting past him. He also played a little in right field and then 3rd base.

Kevin's team was down most of the game due to a few errors and some incredible pitching from the kids on their team. Kevin's first 2 at bats were fruitless. He was struck out both times. His third time up he nailed a shot down the right-field line. He got a stand up triple. His last time up I believe he got a single.

We were in the second to last inning and down by 1 run. We had bases loaded when the catcher from the other team made a critical error and tried to throw out our kid that just hit a single. He was walking back to the base when the catcher tried to throw it to first to get him tagged out. He over threw it. Two runs made it around giving us the lead. They couldn't score their next time at bat. It was a sweet victory.

1 comment:

Jon said...

They will be getting a divorce. It's more of a logistical matter than anything right now. She needs his medical benefits.

Up until we started seeing each other her middle son was not aware that they were not 'together'. I guess they were just avoiding the drama. They told him after our second date.

She has been dating a few guys for some time, but the kids did not know about it. Me being the first they know about is kind of scary. They all seem to like me, but you never know what they are thinking deep down. They are great kids. I hope they accept me.