Friday, April 01, 2005

Lots Happening

Being out of work has been boring and frustrating, but that seems to be changing.

I had the interview earlier this week and I am getting lots of calls about job. Most of these calls are jobs that are out of state, but a few are not.

I get the boys back today. They've been in Idaho for the week with Irene. I have missed them a lot. I have obviously been distracted by Chantel, but I still miss them.

I was concerned about asking Chantel out again so soon. I don't want to seem too eager, but then again we did hit it off so well. She is going to Vegas next weekend with her mom, so I figured it would be weeks before I see her again because I have this rule (that I may need to break) about not dating on the week I have my kids. I called her Wednesday. She and I have such an easy time talking. I guess it's because we are both very interested in each other.

We went out yesterday for our second date. It seems like it doesn't matter how much time we spend together, it just isn't enough. We got together at 4 for a late afternoon movie. I know that the rule is not to go to movies on the first or second date, but I knew that since she wanted to get together early and that we had until at least midnight that we would have plenty of time for conversation. After the movie we had a light dinner at The Cheesecake Factory (with dessert of course). We then went over to Fox & Hound to play some pool.

I am very taken with Chantel. I have not hit it off so well with someone in a very long time. I may have to break the no dating when I have the kids rule early. I am also feeling like I don't need to avoid introducing her to the boys. She has kids herself, and I am fairly confident that the kids situation won't cause any problems. I'll give it a few weeks though.

3 comments:

AVA said...

It seems like you have definitely found someone you actually like. I'm glad for you.. Enjoy those good times and don't be afraid of dating her while you have your kids, you could all do something together right?
Congratulations! (looking forward to hearing more about her)

Jon said...

Much more to come

AVA said...

I just linked you by the way.