Friday, February 06, 2015

Coming out of the fog...

I am finally feeling normal again. Depression and anxiety sure do take its toll at times.

The lady that cuts my hair, is a very good friend. I met her a few days after the first time LaLa and I broke up (about 2 years ago). I knew I liked Tiffany, but was in a bad place at the time. After I was out of the funk I looked her up on Facebook. Unfortunately, she was married.

She has been wanting to set me up with some of her friends (one mentioned in my last post). I am very hesitant to go for a fix up. The last time it happened it turned out sooo badly after a couple months. I guess I am a little more open to it right now, but I am going to be very selective on the type of people friends set me up with.

I am not sure why she did this, but she pointed out a friend of hers on Facebook. I checked her out. She is very pretty, has a good job, but lives in California. I had to ask Tiffany if this lady was planning on moving here. Apparently not. I don't quite understand why she thinks this makes for a good relationship. I jokingly asked her if she was trying to get me to leave town. The last thing I need to add to my anxiety is a long distance relationship.

Last weekend another friend wanted our group of friend to meet her at a local restaurant in our neighborhood. Tiffany brought a girlfriend with her, and gave me a look like "you're gonna like this one". Oh my god, the pressure. I did hear her tell Tiffany that she was right, that I was quite the smart ass. Tiffany is obviously working both ends of this. Fortunately, I did like her. Unfortunately, that was a terrible location with a load of loud friends to get to know someone. This lady had to leave early. I guess she lives in Denver.

I have not heard from Tiffany about what her friend thought. Maybe I should just take it as her friend not liking something about me, which is fine. But I would like to know, either way.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I believe there are always periods of fog in ones life, which originate with seasonal changes. Having someone who cares about you can greatly helps with your overall navigation though life, but the fog still comes. Take it in stride.