Wednesday, December 10, 2014

2 Years have gone by...

The past couple years have be filled with all kinds of good and bad. This will just be an update of what's been going on

Work has been a struggle at times. The drive I used to have, which would make me go above and beyond has pretty much left me. I put in my 40 hours, and I don't volunteer for any new tasks. There have been too many times that my upper management would suggest we make some changes, and then fail to support any changes once we identify what can be done.

As far as my love life goes, it recently went south, and I had to end things. A lot of my friends wondered why I put up with her shit. I guess I finally had enough. I fee the need to vent about this, but quite frankly I want to stop thinking about it.

I have been trying to learn more about digital photography. It's something I want to get really good at. But this is an expensive hobby. There is a term that people in my photography group uses, GAS, which stands for Gear Acquisition Syndrome. I have been struck by this syndrome in the past couple years. It's like there is this feeling that this additional filter, lens, or camera body will make that next photography outing or hike the best one yet.

I am filling the rest of my time with home projects, doing things with my son, and hanging out with friends. This Christmas is hard for me because I am not visiting family in Michigan. We saw them all back in July when we all went to Maine. I took Erik, Kevin, and Kevin's girlfriend, Ashley with me. This is not a cheap trip. The flights alone were $700 each.

Finally I have really good news. My oldest son Kevin and Ashley, his girlfriend for the past ~4 years are now engaged. Kevin took Ashley out to the Broadmoor Hotel to check out their Christmas lighting, dropped to one knee and proposed a midst the seasonally lightning. The only thing I wish he would have done is have me there to take some pictures. That would have made him very nervous, so I understand him leaving me out of it.   :-)

1 comment:

GAB said...

So sorry that your alone once again,especially at this time of year. Congrats to your son and his girlfriend. We are not having any family here other than the family living here with us. My main reason for that is on my birthday which is 4th of July, my 3 adult got into a fight! MY BIRTHDAY! They ruined the day! They can not get together one time with out fighting so I said NOPE NO ONE CAN COME OVER. I did that at Thanksgiving and wow it was so nice to not to have people yelling and swearing.