Sunday, August 09, 2009

I am a tease... and a dumbass

I talk about blogging, and I never do.

I did finally take the kids on vacation. I think some of you know about it from Facebook. We drove to Michigan for a few days and visited my mom and sisters families. It was a good visit.

Kevin has a friend that just recently moved an hour or so from where my mom lives so I took him to see his friend. They had fun riding skateboards.

I took Erik on a canoe ride at the park my nephew and neice work at. They load you into a van with a trailer full of canoes in tow. They help you launch it into the river. Our run took about 45 minutes. We capsized the canoe 5 minutes into the run. It was pretty funny. This part of the river is pretty shallow, so it didn't take much to reach shore and dump the water.

Mom seems to be doing well, and was excited about flying to Maine with my sister the next week. I was pretty bummed that I couldn't do that with them, but I just couldn't afford it... and the boys had to get back to school that week.

I am not big into Facebook, but it has a couple mind numbing and addicting games. I kind of hate that I have gotten into that. A few old girlfriends have tracked me down on Facebook. A couple from back in the early 80s, and a couple since my divorce. I kind of feel voyeuristic being able to see what they are up to. Some of it makes me sad.

One lady in particular was the first woman I really liked after my divorce. She broke it off with me because I had a vasectomy and she thought she would want kids one day. Other than the fact that I am seedless we got along so great. We were only seeing each other for about a month. We kept in touch as friends and even met for lunch and other things a couple times. She met someone later that year. A year later they were getting married. I was happy for her, but we stopped all communication. She didn't want to give him any reason for being jealous.

Well, for some reason she looked me up on Facebook. My heart skipped a beat when I saw a note from her. I felt dirty looking through her profile. Am I crazy? I saw that she had a daughter, but then I read how her and her husband adopted their daughter. That gave me mixed feelings. I was happy that she had this beautiful daughter, but I was sad that she didn't have one herself. I'm not going to lie, part of me thought that breaking up with me for the reasons she gave were completely nullified somehow.

ANYWAY...

The boys are back in school. Kevin in his junior year in high school, and Erik is in his first year of middle school. It's all making me feel older... UGH

How the hell are you all? Anyone still reading this crap?

5 comments:

Steph said...

All of my friends are trying to make me join facebook. I took a look around and don't think I'm interested. It's pointless to me. I prefer the blog world

Jon said...

I think I prefer the blog world too. Maybe I should be back here more. I have totally lost track of people I knew here.

Facebook is bad enough, then there is that fucking Twitter bullshit... shoot me now!

Lindi said...

I kinda got lured into Facebook.
I'm playing Yoville a lot, but it's rather annoying when teenagers try hitting on you and get all pissy when they find out that you are old enough to be there mother. LOL
I feel like I have to watch what I say on facebook as people I work with read it...but no one at work knows about my blog.
Glad to hear you are still going to blog.
I refuse to start twittering. :-)

Mel said...

I'm blogging at the Litter Box again...http://kitty-litter-box.blogspot.com

SignGurl said...

I'm happy to read this, although late as usual.

That was a pretty crappy reason to break up with someone. That would hurt me as well.

Facebook does suck you in, but it takes so much less time than blogging. I suppose I've become lazy.



Oh, and I can't believe that we still haven't met up during one of your visits.