Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I must remember I am going for work...

My San Francisco trip is already upon me. It's nice to be able to plan a trip at the last minute and not worry about the cost. I head for the city by the bay on Monday morning, bright and early. I'll be there until Thursday.

I have a list of things to accomplish while I am there, but what has me really pumped about going is getting a chance to hang out with Chrissie and Terry. I hope it all works out so that I get to see both of you.

Of course I am supposed to work while I am there. What can I say about work. Maybe something like "Holy shit this place is stressing me out!!!"

The VP of our area was very pleased with a presentation about the new tools and processes that I am putting in place. I was worried because the word around the office was that she was pissed that it wasn't already up and running. I think she is just frustrated because they have spent a lot of money so far, and I have spent a lot of hours customizing the tools. The good thing is that she knows it can't be put into production without licenses for the software. I was told they would be here in January once the budget was approved along with a slew of hardware that I need for the project. Well this deployment is getting a lot of attention. This is costing the company millions of dollars, so it had to go all the way to the top for approval.

GULP!

When I started here I understood that they needed this done, but this was before I knew about the merger with the BIG COMPANY. Now, not only am I responsible for the Denver office with plans to expand to Oakland. Now I have to get Des Moines and Cedar Rapids done, and by the way "WHAT'S TAKING SO FUCKING LONG?!"

I have never felt so much pressure. The only saving grace is that I hired 2 awesome guys, Mike and Jason to work with me. If it wasn't for them I would be totally blowing a gasket. We've all bonded well. Jason is a major perv, just like me. We try to break up the stress by noticing what the hot women are wearing at work that day. We have nicknames for all of them. There is The Librarian, who has that sexy "during my off hours I am a dominatrix" look. There is Red, who seems kind of ordinary, but you know she is sporting a killer bod under all the loose clothing. There is Sin, that towers over me at approximately 6' 2". Her "large tracks of land" make J drool. Then there is CT, which is short for something I'd rather not say ;)

I know, we're pigs. I think the fact that we're way over stressed makes us do these things. Well, that's the story I'm going with.

11 comments:

Stealth said...

hmph then come join me in the bath... ;-)

barman said...

Hey good luck on the trip. I have only been to SF once but I loved the area. Of course I think the trip to see Chrissie (don't know Terry) would trump anything else. Have a great time.

You perv, you. I love it. I have names for some people too that I keep to myself. It does not mean I do not think about it. Glad you found a way to blow off steam. When I was working 80 to 100 hour weeks we managed to do the same thing and it helped keep our sanity. Of course that is assuming I was sane to begin with.

CozyMama said...

you will have a great trip - the work will get done and the fun will happen with Chrissie and Terry too. if you want it - it will work out.

jillie said...

SF...you lucky dawg! Even if it is for work...I am sure you will squeak in some fun time.

You know, guys aren't the ONLY ones that make up names like that so watch out...hahahahahaha!

Jon said...

Stealth - Are there bubbles?

Barman - From one perv to another... HOOYAH!

Jodes - I want it to, so I gues it's happening

Jillie - What would your name for me be?

terry said...

jeez, now you have me worrying about what the overstressed techie guys at my job say about ME...

i'm sorry, what's this "i hope it works out" business? you are required to see me!

hah.

jillie said...

Ok...curiosity is KILLING the cat? What's the name????

jillie said...

I will have to think of your name...gimme some time. Wait...tell me about your trip when you get back from SF and I will come up with a name ;o)

GAB said...

I hope you have lots and lots of fun(while your working um ok when your not working)lol
Take some pictures. I havent been but maybe some day.

jillie said...

That's funny please don't get any mental images of me with a red ball in my mouth with a black leather mask though....LMAO!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm in Sacramento! You should come visit me too!!!!!