Saturday, November 18, 2006

Progress Being Made

I have a new employee that as far as I can see is going to work out great. He is very enthusiastic and has a lot of knowledge. He's been with us for a week and a half, and I am starting to be able to delegate some work to him HURRAY!!!

I have another new employee starting the 27th. I worked with him a few years ago. I was glad that he passed all the interviews and accepted the position. He is a great guy. He's a little more green as far as his depth of knowledge goes, but I know he is good and will learn.

I still have to fill the Oakland position. This spot is very hard to fill. the person I hire has to have a very wide variety of skills that are not easily found in a single person. We had been suggesting that we hire 2 people.

We flew a candidate to Oakland to interview for the position. I interviewed him over the phone., while other managers there at the site interviewed him as well. The interview went way better than I expected. This guy is perfect for that position. I gave the managers there my thumbs up, and I knew they were very pleased with him. Last night I found out that the managers in California need to get the client's approval before hiring someone. Why the fuck would they go through flying a guy all the way out to California for an interview if they didn't know the client was ok with filling the position?

I just about hit the roof. But instead of blowing my stack I waited. I just got finished e-mailing my boss and our recruiter asking if they knew we didn't have all the approvals in place. I let them know how frustrating this is for everyone, including the guy we're trying to hire.

Would you accept a job from a company that obviously doesn't have all their shit together? Let me also note that this guy has a stable job for a very big company. I would put money on him turning the job down IF we get the approval to hire.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

betcha that very big company is fucked up in some ways, too. aren't all companies??

nice to know you're alive!

erika said...

Ohh heck what company is not screwed up some how?

The Lone Rangers said...

I agree they are all screwed up but I wouldn't blame the guy for turning it down..especially if he's in a stable position now.

Grace said...

The company I'm working for now does stuff like that all the time. I wish they'd just give me that money instead of wasting it sending people half way across the globe for no reason. Unless they're going to send ME half way across the globe... then that would be a different story.

Missed you lots while I was umm.. away. I'm glad to be back :)

tm said...

Glad to know you are getting some help and that things are seeming to go a little smoother for you. Sounds like you are settling in to your job, and doing great at it.
Remember, there is more to life than work, hope you are remembering to play some.
xo
TME

Anonymous said...

Um, where the hell is my snow??

xoxo!
andi

CozyMama said...

ok it has been over a week, did he get hired?

Anonymous said...

No wonder companies go belly up. The bigger the company it seems, the harder it is to get all their "ducks in a row".

kj

tm said...

JON, You are tagged my me to do a MEME, Check my site for details. Hope you don't mind. Just want to know more about you ;)
xo
TME