Thursday, September 07, 2006

After much bitching...

I am writing a new post.

So work's been kicking my ass. This place has a lot to offer, but they also lack in foresight. I am working on that. I think they get it. So I have been working some ugly hours trying to get things fixed and on the right track as well as designing a database system for tracking their software bugs. Ya, it's been a real geek fest.

Other work news. My company has been "acquired". Yes, we are being asimilated. I can't say by who, and quite frankly you would probably not care. Everyone that was hired prior to August 1st got a certain number of shares of the current company. So they're making a few bucks off the deal. I was hired Aug 7th. I am shit out of luck.

I finally got off my ass and reconnected my stereo in the family room. Yes, I've been watching HDTV without surround sound. Somebody shoot me. But here's the big problem. Now that I have done it, I see the need to upgrade my receiver to one that has optical audio for the satellite and DVD. Call me crazy.

Since I am on the road so much I have ordered a new stereo for my car. I lose most of the Colorado Springs stations about half way to Denver, then the rest right before I get to work. Some of the Denver stations are good, but I don't get them until I get their. It's time for an upgrade. I am getting a MP3 deck that also has a built-in Sirius tuner. It's back ordered from Crutchfield's, but I am WAY excited about getting it. I am also upgrading the speakers to Infinitys. I am holding off on a separate amp or sub. I did that with the last car and was sorry I did that.

The boys start in their first bowling league this Saturday. They are VERY excited about it. I am excited for them. It kind of makes me want to join a league. I haven't played in a league since I was 12 years old. I am much better than I was back then. I would say I average around a 150 these days.

For those of you that haven't heard The Sci Fi channel is airing almost all of the episodes of Firefly Monday, Sept 18th during the day. If you don't own the DVD, record this show. If you don't know about this show then you should watch it. It is probably the best TV show I have ever seen.

The movie Serenity was a follow up to the series. It looks like there are plans for 2 more movies if they see enough interest. If you love this show get all your friends to watch on the 18th, then go buy the DVD set from the series and the movie Serenity. You won't be disappointed.


OK, now there's very little time to catch up on your blogs before heading to bed.

9 comments:

erika said...

I am so sorry to hear that. Maybe they will keep you on your job???

Jon said...

I only stayed for the first game and got all the stuff paid for.

Kevin had some trouble with setting off the foul light on a couple balls that were unfortunate. He bowled a 141 that first game. I'm guessing it would have been closer to 160.

I left because it was my exes week with the kids and I needed to get to the car dealership to get some parts for my car. Why the hell does it cost $24 for the rear wiper blade on a Pontiac Vibe.

Anonymous said...

Is it safe to say that you watch too much TV?

:)

Roxi said...

I own the dvd and own the movie based on the show.

tm said...

just checking up on you.
xo
TME

Jon said...

Well the speakers arrived the other day. I hope the deck shows up tomorrow.

This has been the week from hell. I had 6 hours straight of meetings on Wednesday. Then I had 4 meetings today. I told my boss I am working from home Friday so that I can get some real work done. I have a deadline! Shit!

Stacy said...

Assimilate? You mean like the Borg in Star Trek right?

I've had XMRadio for awhile and have really liked it. I just bought an '07 that I'm going to have a multimedia thing put in to specially because of my iPod. Music's my life man.

Hope you're doing better soon.

Mel said...

Firefly ROCKS hard.

CozyMama said...

dude thanks for the update.