Friday, June 30, 2006

It's Official...


... I am unemployed

We had a great day today. I picked up pastries at an awesome (and expensive) bakery for everyone on the project. I did very little work. Just resetting automated message scripts to go to someone that is taking over some of my work. Signing a statement that will get me 2 months extra severance if I don't sue the company. Then we ordered pizza and watched Office Space in one of the conference rooms. We had a couple Office Space virgins in the croud that we've been buggin about not getting the memo. All the managers were there as well. What a perfect movie for this day.

I left work a little early and went on a interview with a recruiter that is submitting me for 2 different jobs in town. I am thinking that they are going to low ball me. I will probably end up commuting to Denver.

My brother is going to work at his old bar tonight to cover someone while they're on vacation. He invited me to come down for our traditional "Get Jon drunk after he leaves a job" night. I invited some of my buddies from work. I kind of doubt they'll show, although Dan is really wanting to see what I am like when drunk.

You'll probably be hearing from me a lot these next few weeks.

Have a great weekend my friends!!!!

6 comments:

Everything Nice said...

Im drunk right now *belch* hope you are too.

Sorry to hear about your unemployment status? or not?

I guess you'll have a whole lot of something on your hands. Commute to Denver?!?! *perk* awesome...

let me know if you need any play list help.

:) have a great weekend luv.

Mel said...

Wish I could go to your brother's bar and join you for farewell drink... let's cheers and bring on the next round...

barman said...

Wow, I'm a virgin too. Wow, that felt good to get that out. I have never seen "Office Space" but from what I saw on IMDB that seems like the perfect movie. I kind of had in mind "Take This Job and Shove It" for the perfect movie for some reason.

I hope you managed to get drunk yesterday. You desrve that and besides, its a long holiday weekend. Good luck on finding that Next Job. Hopefully by September everything will be all worked out and you will have had an enjoyable summer.

terry said...

i adore "office space."

and here's to better opportunities for you down the road...

Jon said...

Well, I got to the bar a half hour after my brother was supposed to start working. He wasn't there. They sent him home because it wasn't busy enough. I hung out anyway and started drinking beer.

I sat at the bar and talked with one of the bartenders I know. He introduced to a nice young lady next to me at the bar (nice cleavage by the way). He introduced me as Mike's brother. She shook my hand, "My condolences". That is pretty typical of a reaction to that introduction.

I had a good time talking to her and her friend about office romances and dressing slutty at work. Pretty funny shit. They had to leave, then as I was about to leave my brother called to say he'd be there shortly. So I hung out some more. Had more beer. Then of course after Mike arrives the shots of Jameson started. I didn't get totalled. I sstopped myself from getting too messed up and headed home around 9:30.

Jon said...

Chrissie... You wish I dressed slutty. Actually I would for you ;)

Yes Office Space is the one with the guy and the stapler. JA needed to wear more FLARE.