Friday, December 02, 2005

It's been a year since...


This has been a difficult year. My sister Paula died this day last year suddenly from a very strange medical disorder. This falling one day after my other sister Patti's birthday and 2 days after mine. A time of year that we are supposed to be celebrating is now scarred by our loss.

We're leaving in the morning to go to Michigan for my sister Patti's surprise birthday party (gee, I hope she doesn't search through blogger). I am hoping for some good weather. I am thinking we need to have a bonfire Sunday night for Paula.

I am hoping to get together with a friend of mine that lives near Ann Arbor, but you never know what may get in the way with a big family trip.

9 comments:

SignGurl said...

I'll be waving at you. A bonfire in her honor would be nice. :)

terry said...

oh man. i'm so sorry, jon.
it'll get easier, but it will never be easy.

a bonfire is a really fabulous idea.

take care..

Grace said...

I'm so sorry for your sister. Be strong, and try to make the best out of every event that occurs in your life. Have a great trip!

Guacaholic said...

The first anniversary is the worst. From experience, the pain does mellow with time, but the good memories always stay... I hope you had a peaceful weekend.

Le Synge Bleu said...

oh hon, all i can say is i know that hole in your chest that the wind blows through. the first anniversary is one of the toughest too. i always like to do some kind of ritual (usually involving alcohol of some sort)in my brother's honor on his death anniversary - i think a bonfire's a great idea. have a wonderful time at the party, a wonderful time with your sister, and a wonderful time honoring your other sister. i'm thinkig of you and sending hugs.

Mel said...

Enjoy your day Jon, and remember the happiness and joy Paula brought into your life - treasure her memory.
Thinking of you....

AVA said...

I'm sorry to read this Jon :(
Have a safe trip and let us know how it went when you get back.

Ailyn said...

hope your spirits are uplifted soon. sorry to hear of your loss

Anonymous said...

Leaves a big hole in the fabric of life. Like parents, she was always there. Like the sun always comes up in the East, and the grass turns green every spring. I think you have to hit your 4o's before you realize just how fleeting life is. How fragile.

Kris