Friday, August 10, 2012

18 months later...

I wonder if anyone really reads this stuff anymore...

This has been a crazy year. Let's cover what had happened with what I talked about in my last post first.

The thing with Michaela never happened. I considered it for a short time then saw some problems that were red flags to me.

My brother's health is bad. He did lose his job and was out of work other than some occasional PC repair work. His roommate moved out, which made paying the mortgage even more difficult since his regular job was gone. On top of all that, he was under water on his mortgage. I brought up the fact that he will probably lose the house. It was a hard pill for him to swallow.

I was dating a lady, Susan, who is a realtor. She helped out immensely, and even got Mike some moving cash through a government program. When it was all done Mike moved in with me.
We've totally rearranged the basement, and it is now very livable. Mike's health is still a struggle, but at least he doesn't have that house hanging over his head.

The thing with Susan was fairly short lived. I broke it off in early December due to too much jealousy and insecurity on her part. She is a great lady, but has to get past some of her issues.

I took what I thought was going to be a long break from dating.

No comments: