Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Loss

I just learned that an ex-girlfriend of mine from about 5 years ago passed away in October. I am very saddened by this. She was one of the sweetest people I had ever met. All of our issues aside, I was hoping that she would live a long happy life. I knew that it wasn't likely due to her not taking care of her health issues.

We were only together for maybe 5 months. Our relationship burned fast. I did love her, and we were on our way to a very serious relationship (she moved in). Breaking up with her was one of the most agonizing things I've ever had to do. The fact that she wasn't taking good care of herself was just one of the issues between us. I was sad for quite a long time after I broke it off. I know I hurt her really bad. The guilt associated with those times haunts me often, which is probably why this news hurts so much.

1 comment:

E Aleksandra said...

I am very sorry. :( Don't let it keep haunting you. I'm sure she forgave you.