Friday, November 28, 2008

No Room To Complain

I hope that all of my friends here in the US had a great Thanksgiving.

My oldest son had his 16th birthday the other day. He has gotten an awful lot of cash from everyone. He of course wants a car, but i am not getting him one. Because friends of his got cars when they turned 16 he things he should have one. My ex agreed with me not too long ago, but I think he is working on her hard. There was talk of her getting him one. I wish she would stop backing down. I have a perfectly good '97 Chevy pickup that he can use.

Work is really intense right now, but we are getting things done. Probably not fast enough for the execs, but we are also trying to not impact the various project deliveries that are scheduled. I've been giving a lot of training classes again. I kind of enjoy it, but I hate the fact that everyone wants the same things out of the new tools that were available in the old one. These people need to deal with change and get over it.

Ski season is starting up. My oldest has already gone on one trip with his school's Snow Riders club. Early snow is not very good, so he scraped up his board pretty bad. My youngest is in 5th grade, and apparently the ski areas give free passes to 5th and 6th graders. We got him the cards, so I am sure that means lots more skiing this year (I hope).

I have had a strange run of good luck with women from the Internet dating sites lately. I wasn't even really trying and have had dates with 2 in the last 2 weeks, and another who I thought wasn't interrested suddenly wants to see me. I've never been a good juggler, but I'll see what being a cyber slut is all about. Not really... I am not sleeping with them. Well, not yet.

One lady is a very intense marathon runner, and bike rider. I am no runner, and my bike riding is more on the enjoyable end than competative. I hoep that doesn't bother her. So far so good. Another lady is pretty fresh on the dating scene, so I need to see how mentally stable she is before going too far. I remember when I was in her shoes. I didn't know what to expect, and was ill-prepared for meeting new women. It's hard to tell so far. Then the 3rd I haven't met yet, but she seems interesting, and has her own company (no, not Avon or anything like that).

I am a one woman man, so having 3 interested at one time kind of gives me a weird anxiety.

3 comments:

Grace said...

No posts in a while... these three ladies have been keeping you busy, huh? Back on November 28th you weren't a cyber slut yet, how about now? ;)

Jon said...

Hey Grace. It's been... "interesting"

But my posting is mostly due to lack of time due to work, kids, and getting ready for Christmas

Lindi said...

Merry Christmas Jon!
Enjoy
Don't work so hard
Kids grow up too fast