Saturday, June 28, 2008

I have a new boss

...this doesn't change anything about my job, other than now I have to get him clued into how fucked up things are with some of our projects. He's been here a week and I think he was a bit surprized and the extent of the mess.

He seems like a good guy, and easy to work with. He has asked some very good questions, and I know he wants to do the right thing. I think our department is the only one trying to fix the problems at this place. But I look at it this way, if the other groups need to continue to work they have to go through us. Yes, we have the power to make their lives difficult, but I don't work like that. The VP of our section wants me to do things that could definitely make people take notice, but that would cause impacts to customer deliveries, so I need to find a better way to work them into our plans.

2 comments:

Grace said...

How's everything going with the new boss? I always find it hard getting used to somebody new in a group... especially when that person is my superior at work.

jillie said...

BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

xo